What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Beer52 sub. Not overly impressed, tastes a bit like a Wit but it's thin, doesn't have wheat in the ingredients, looks like it's just barley :confused.:
20210325_162159.jpg

Spring Lightning its Summer Lightning but with Admiral, First Gold and Bramling Cross. IBU 51 ABV 5% first one of the batch. Yum.

I deserve this one tonight. First taste of my Cascade APA.
rps20210325_173045.jpg

Half and half pale malt and light Munich, a handful of Carapils and dash of chocolate malt.
Cascade for all mid-late additions.
Slightly bready with a good round mouthful of fruit.

Not quite cleared yet after 2 weeks carbing, but has promise.

Second of a series of batches using M36 yeast. I'd written this yeast off 2 years ago but now putting the off-flavours I had back then down to poor process. This yeast is proving quite adaptable. Fermented at 18 Deg C it gets mostly out of the way and lets the hops shine while giving a little bit of rounded mouthfeel.

Vienna APA #3 again. This one is growing on me but still annoyed it isn't as good as number #2. #4 planned. I should really go back to recipe #2 but I am an idiot/incurable tinkerer so I'm changing it up again. I'll probably end up on version #101 before I decide maybe I should rebrew #2. Anyone else this daft?

Attachments

• 16166942407316846311882233360348.jpg
    16166942407316846311882233360348.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 40
From the Beer52 sub. Not overly impressed, tastes a bit like a Wit but it's thin, doesn't have wheat in the ingredients, looks like it's just barley :confused.:
View attachment 43892
That would seriously p*ss me off. I know beer styles aren't written in stone and evolve over time (the oxymoronic but commonly acceptable Session IPA is a good example) but drinkers deserve to be treated with some respect. A Witbier should at least have some wheat in it.

First taste of my latest English Bitter. Only came out of the fermenter today, I put the last litre and a half in a lemonade bottle earlier and force carbed it to try tonight.

Very inoffensive. Mild bitterness, quite light body, a nice balance of malt and Fuggles. Actually, I like it a lot. It tastes like a nice bitter from a pub. Well done me! 😂

Photo may not be the best and the beer is slightly murky because it came from the bottom of the fermenter.

2FB80067-643D-4488-9104-61E0F280A141.jpeg

American IPA I brewed from a GH book. Really need to start treating my water, all the IPA’s I brew seems to have a similar taste
0029448C-5C6A-4B9C-820A-289A52B2124A.jpeg

That would seriously p*ss me off. I know beer styles aren't written in stone and evolve over time (the oxymoronic but commonly acceptable Session IPA is a good example) but drinkers deserve to be treated with some respect. A Witbier should at least have some wheat in it.
Witbier....white beer. I may be wrong but they don't always have to have wheat...

I am missing having bitters readily available, might need to steal that recipe @Hazelwood Brewery for my first brew if my stuff ever arrives.

In the meantime I am drinking this nicely done ipa with centennial citra and mosaic. Makes a very nice combo.

View attachment 43919

It’s great to hear you might soon be brewing again! athumb..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back