What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the Mole’ a glass of imperial stout.

14629332-59A8-4CE0-8B1D-54DF134E7E37.jpeg

A sample of my Foreign Extra Stout, 11 days in the bottle, while it is very nice it just isn't quite right. I do think the sour hadn't fermented right out. So there is some sweetness there, which shouldn't be there. I will take it to about three weeks before trying again but will make another just in case.
IMG_6218.JPG

IMG_6220.JPG

Followed by a Red Ale, 'Big Red'
IMG_6221.JPG

IMG_6222.JPG

Working my way through the Super Bock range of beers here in Portugal, started with their Munich Dunkel which is very nice View attachment 84778
And then their Stout which was also very good
View attachment 84779
The amber IPA is my favorite. I’ve never understood how the speciality beers can be so good when the International Lager is so awful.

I had to pop to the shops today and a couple of beers caught my attention. This is the first, a West Coast IPA from Wild Beer. They claim to have unlocked bound thiols from the hops. It is a nice beer and I like the lemon citrus flavour. It reminds me a little of a beer made with cryo-hops maybe?

EF192B42-DF39-447D-8195-EE0D8A4E11C9.jpeg

438BBE4B-28AB-49B1-8655-D2594A012977.jpeg

Today I’ve brewed a Czech lager and prepared the water & grist for another brew tomorrow (bitter). I’ve just put my Munich Helles on tap in place of my German lager and that’s what I’m tasting now. As well as some chill haze it’s still a touch murky but I’m assuming that will clear after the first few pints. The flavour is really very malty and the finish is quite soft - definitely showing some promise.

98F566EF-BFEA-402D-9F69-6E4E6D390CA4.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back