What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Broadside is one of my favourite beers on draft when in Southwold, I like you don’t think it does itself any favours in the bottle.
It is of course possible this bottle isn’t representative of the beer bottled by the brewer but it’s all I have to go on and I wasn’t keen.

I should say I have some sympathy. My beers are great (in my view 😉) from keg but I often screw up when bottling from keg.

Bottled Tribute to start with in a totally inappropiate glass but still. Nice but light bottled conditioned beers just slip down too fast!
Screenshot_20231029_172803_Gallery.jpg

@Alastair70 imperial stout.
Interesting beer, looking forward to seeing the recipe to this. Very smooth I will keep the full review for the swap thread
View attachment 91306
Thought I should join you. It is very smooth. It was a dark fruit bomb 6 months and had an unpleasant alcohol after taste, but that has all disappeared. Looking forward to the other brews when they start to drop this week.

Review thread opening now.

IMG_2208.jpeg

Lidl find. I can remember drinking banana bread beer many years ago but no idea if it was the same stuff. Aroma is of the banana sweets, it’s distinct from the yeast type banana. The slightly bitter slight sweet taste is a bit weird but almost works. I imagine someone who didn’t like beer might drink it. Would be better with more body.

Drinking (or trying to drink) the remainder of my Green Hop Ale I made from the hops I thought were growing over the garden fence from the neighbour, but were mine. Glad it finally cleared-up and while not incredible, it's competent. Still don't have a clue what kind of hops they are. Have a second one coming with the hops I dried before pruning things back in a few weeks.

IMG_9067.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back