What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good one this, but not as good as the Citra version, although that's down to my personal preference.
20231123_203555.jpg

Excellent! Side by side comparisons then Johno 😁

We got a couple of others too, Christmas pudding one, cherry bakewell one and a black forest gateau one.

If that Black forest Gateau one is like the imperial one they did 2 or 3 years ago, it is delicious. Like drinking liquidised cake! :beer1:

I’m cleaning my beer lines at the moment but fancied a beer while I’m cooking chilli. This will do nicely, it’s a salted lime sour and I t’s actually very nice. It’s more tart than full-on sour, which I like, and the lime is very evident both on the aroma and in the flavour. I’m not really getting salt but I do like a lot of salt on my meals so maybe I’m just not sensitive to it.

934C0A15-2090-447D-98CD-32CA4DD60E1A.jpeg

I’m cleaning my beer lines at the moment but fancied a beer while I’m cooking chilli. This will do nicely, it’s a salted lime sour and I t’s actually very nice. It’s more tart than full-on sour, which I like, and the lime is very evident both on the aroma and in the flavour. I’m not really getting salt but I do like a lot of salt on my meals so maybe I’m just not sensitive to it.

View attachment 92226

Ooh I've got one of those that I got in my Vocation order. Looking forward to that one!

Beer lines are all cleaned now and the chilli is made - I just need to taste the beers on tap.

I’m tasting the saison which seems if anything even more lemon…and with a touch of zest. Pepper follows the fruit. Very nice.

I had an enthusiastic volunteer to taste the Imperial! I did get a sip and the imperial is pretty amazing - I must pour myself one sometime! 😂

EB5324BF-853A-4474-A006-8D95867F1E32.jpeg

Just the one today I think (half) as I don't feel up to having loads.

Terrible can design on this one so you can barely read it, but it's a cherry bakewell and frangipane dessert stout.

More carbonation than I was expecting. It's almost effervescent! Lovely flavour though, and sweet enough without being cloying. A little bit cherry-cola-like.

20231124_180022.jpg

I’ll have to update that recipe sometime, it’s quite old now. I’m pleased you like it though.
If you do let me know as I will no doubt be brewing a fresh batch at some point (and yes I have no shame in going through the what did I brew today and similar threads for recipes and ideas what I like best about this forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back