What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chalk stream trout.....out of season by now! Who caught that?
😳
Confession tme.
Bought from Rye fishmonger stall at local farm shop.
Therefore could possibly have been frozen.
To make amends, I did take the children river fishing years ago to Devon.
After a rainstorm the local Brown trout were throwing themselves at our hooks.
Most went back, only one was big enough for the pan.
In a shed, next to the river, behind the watermillf house, whose owner had given me permission to fish below the mill.
A great life experience.
Accompanied by local oak matured dry cider.
Heavenly.

View attachment 90681
Cask comparison continued:
Switched back to original serving glasses and the taste reverts back to slightly less hoppily bitter and even (SWMBOd tasting comment) a more rounded fuller flavour.
So it's full marks to the Stella glass.
So much so that SWMBOd stole it and drank a whole glass of MY brewed beer.
That is a first folks!

My missus insists on tulip shaped pint glasses in the pub. Says she doesn't like the taste of beer from straight glasses.

1000048733.jpg

The middle one was an absolute gusher and half ended up over me. Not taking the risk on the rest so poured it and will contact M&S for a refund.

We had a good night last night, nice to be out with all the immediate family. They all had a giggle at me asleep sitting on the sofa with a glass of whisky in my hand (thanks wife for sharing that photo!). I think I’ve had long enough to recover now so I’ve poured myself a Pirate Pale.

A766E44F-6B4C-429B-9960-B3E8B9794CF2.jpeg

Brew day today, just waiting for the temp to get to 80 for the whirlpool, having a go at a Red Rye IPA, though I don’t think it’s going to be very Red 🙄, just down a couple of points on the of I’m not too worried as it should still be 6.7% ish.
NZ Pilsner which is still nice.

IMG_3265.jpeg

Last edited:
My missus insists on tulip shaped pint glasses in the pub. Says she doesn't like the taste of beer from straight glasses.
Maybe they know, or have a more discriminating palate, than we.
I fact I know that to be true.
My whole family are more discriminating than me, drink tasting-wise!
🍻🥂

Just found this in the fridge that I'd forgotten about - I hope I've got this right that it's from @Agentgonzo 😁

Spoiler alert - we are chuffed with this one. I pre-poured into a jug to avoid the yeasties and got out as much as I could without spoiling the clarity.

It is a gorgeous honey colour with nice carbonation and a lovely malty taste which hit me first. The husband says it has an aroma similar to hobgoblin gold, but the taste is much nicer than that beer.

Bitterness is low - medium (preferred by me) and is perfectly balanced within the beer.

Thanks very much for sending, we have both enjoyed it. Come again! wink...

20231008_172940.jpg

Just found this in the fridge that I'd forgotten about - I hope I've got this right that it's from @Agentgonzo 😁

Spoiler alert - we are chuffed with this one. I pre-poured into a jug to avoid the yeasties and got out as much as I could without spoiling the clarity.

It is a gorgeous honey colour with nice carbonation and a lovely malty taste which hit me first. The husband says it has an aroma similar to hobgoblin gold, but the taste is much nicer than that beer.

Bitterness is low - medium (preferred by me) and is perfectly balanced within the beer.

Thanks very much for sending, we have both enjoyed it. Come again! wink...

View attachment 90726
Yes, that's mine. Glad you enjoyed it. It was brewed to be a deliberately "middle of the road" golden ale that was easily drinkable for the late summer/autumn afternoons.

Glad you enjoyed it. 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back