What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a plain one too. I like them for bitters, old ales and things like that.

Never thought of them being regional, but now you mention it they probably wouldn't work with a sparkled bi(even though I prefer a sparkled cask beer - my formative drinking years were spent in Yorkshire).

Have checked Emmerdale, didn't know there was also a Malt Shovel pub, before my time. Anyway both Seth Armstrong and Zak Dingle who would have likely stuck to bitter do not seem to appear holding a dimpled mug.

They had handled mugs, but they look to be the straight or fluted ones and not dimpled.

Best bitter and another old watch, Ingersoll pocket watch, would be known in UK as they are made there.

1703132219800.jpeg

First brew after a long hiatus, after Coniston's Bluebird. A bit high in BU:GU, learned the parameters of my new system with this first run and the extract efficiency is a bit less than the baseline I used from another system of many years ago. But really pleased. About 1 1/2 weeks in bottle conditioning now. That clean Challenger is coming through and I didn't use a premium base malt, just American 2-row for this first run. I work in retirement a few hours a week at our LHBS, and we carry Fawcett's GP; I have a best going with the GP and a strong with Warminster MO going right now.

1703133106035.jpeg

Early Eastenders seems to feature dimpled mugs, but then changed as fashion switched to conicals.

See, soaps are a useful record of social history.
You should write a research paper - "The distribution of dimpled beer glasses in the 20th century" and state that the research methodology was watching the telly :laugh8:

View attachment 93543
Best bitter and another old watch, Ingersoll pocket watch, would be known in UK as they are made there.

View attachment 93535
Good old Ingersoll there. Those and the Smiths Empire pocket watches were identical (on the dial Made in Gt Britain), some sort of investment tie-up.
Not to be confused with the 15 jewel Smiths deluxe. (on the dial Made in England).

IMG_20231221_105937.jpg

OK it's an obsessive hobby with me. Especially Smiths of England 1947-'72. 😳

Never had a brett, what does it taste like ?
As @YeastFace said it can vary with the strain and how it's used. It also develops over time so with Orval if you have it fresh it's completely different after 6 months
This beer had a light fruity character from the yeast which complemented the citrus and euro hops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back