What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A rare trip to the big smoke (Cardiff 🤣) and a pint of Brains Dark in one of the oldest pubs, The Borough, led me to the brewshed when I got home 🤔

A pint of a dark mild experiment has given me some ideas for the next one...

Now enjoying a couple of Geterbrewed 365 stouts, I do like this one, but tempted to give it a hopstand with Chinook for a twist next time.

Attachments

• 20231221_201328.jpg
    20231221_201328.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
I really wish I had bottled more, they were the only 2 and the keg is long since gone, the last few pints when it was more mature went faster and faster and I have only just got round to getting another batch on.
Glad you enjoyed them ❤️
I hope you stayed close to the same recipe, that was a winner.

Russian imperial stout for me. This has really aged well. Opens with a loud pop but isn’t overly carbonated and the flavours have rounded into a plum chocolate caramel and raisin richness with just enough hop character to give it an aftertaste that has me smiling. (Self praise is no recommendation lol)
Bloody nice beer and it’s good to hold onto some for a good few months to allow the beer to come right.
3E0E5973-D065-46B9-9455-91AC43948615.jpeg

Mangrove Jack Baltic Porter.
Started 19/9/23
Bottled 3/10/23
It was a short dated kit from Brew2Bottle.
£10.70 plus 1.2 Kg Malt enhancer.

All bottled.
All have been flat so far. Only get a head by a vigorous pour!
5.86%
I won't buy short dated kits again.

Live and learn.

Next brew is a 1 gallon grain kit

Cheers folks
IMG_20231221_211624534.jpg

I haven't had this in a while. This is bottled around 6 months ago. I think someone was asking what Brett tastes like on this thread. This for Me is fruity, funky with taste of hay. Hard to describe but once you taste it and smell it you will also be able to pick it out.
IMG_20231221_212114573_HDR.jpg

I haven't had this in a while. This is bottled around 6 months ago. I think someone was asking what Brett tastes like on this thread. This for Me is fruity, funky with taste of hay. Hard to describe but once you taste it and smell it you will also be able to pick it out.
View attachment 93587
lovely beer. Had some in Brussels and they had ones from the last 4/5 years. Massive difference in taste between them

Cold IPA sounds good from @Alastair70. Great beer to reset the taste buds after the Brett.
Pours perfect, carbonation and charity
Aroma is very clean with a nice but not over powering aroma from the hops. Guessing citra backed up with a bit of spice.
Taste is similar, very clean and light. Citrus and floral
Nice beer if I was in a bar I would order another. 👌
IMG_20231221_215826890_HDR.jpg

Cold IPA sounds good from @Alastair70. Great beer to reset the taste buds after the Brett.
Pours perfect, carbonation and charity
Aroma is very clean with a nice but not over powering aroma from the hops. Guessing citra backed up with a bit of spice.
Taste is similar, very clean and light. Citrus and floral
Nice beer if I was in a bar I would order another. 👌
View attachment 93592
Good tasting!
El Dorado and Citra hot side. And a huge whack of those two with Chinook and Centennial as a dry hop.
Glad you liked it, cheers 🍻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back