What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
f2905e9bbc54a02e940eec78d2572d81.jpg

My Duckling Pale Ale, my Brace DIPA and a Brewdog Hardcore IPA. 😎👌🍻

i'd have said the hardcore ipa was the one in the middle :D

kudos to you, what a wonderful selection you have there, if they taste as good as they look, i'm well jeal. :hat:

fbd845a713cbfc816e2ea42f06d6d939.jpg
St. Peter's cream stout, fresh out of the king keg, have to say the conditioning is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cracked into my Altbier and my Vienna/Manderina SMASH golden ale tonight.

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

i'd have said the hardcore ipa was the one in the middle :D

kudos to you, what a wonderful selection you have there, if they taste as good as they look, i'm well jeal. :hat:
A friend of mine said that too. They are as listed. Mine are the left two.

I'm happy with them. The DIPA is a little yeasty (over pitched) but still not a bad beer. The Pale I think is probably the best beer I have made so far. 😎🖒

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Have it a few ace of equinox, currently on sale in Morrisons. Prefer the dead pony club, but it's still tasty 😋

Drinking a Cornish Tin Miners Ale from GH's book.

This batch had some issues with chlorophenols, which taste very nasty. The phenols from initial fermentation combine with chlorine present either in tap water or from poorly rinsed chlorine based steriliser.

After the first couple of 2L bottles (I use old cider PET bottles) I vented some gas off as it was also a bit "lively" in the CO2 sense. After a couple of weeks, the very nasty and medicinal taste seems to have waned a lot.

I may have just got used to it (there were originally 12 x 2L bottles, down to 4 left) or the gas venting might have achieved something, or else the first couple were just more affected.

I don't know enough about this type of chemistry (failed mathematician) to understand what is going on properly.

Top marks tonight to Alan Manley with his large ,show off, hoard of ale!

Cheers

Clint
And all homebrew too.
Sadly the Rye was bad (see 5L Keg thread) so replaced with this...

5e09f795dbc362b058a1dd9bd409679c.jpg

For clarification the keg is for the weekend, the singles for tonight with some of it. 😎🍻

Had a brewferm Framboise thats been in the bottle for 8 months. WOW is all i can say what a nice beer. Wasnt blown away before when ive cracked one but tonite is the first one this year and im amazed at how tasty it is.
Just on a bottle of Mangrove jacks craft series IPA, i made up with 1kg dex and 500grams of spraymalt, Us05 and dry hopped with 50grams cascade also a very nice beer.
Moving on to the rest of my under par (my opinion) sundew out of the pressure barrel later.

Nailed a Light Ale that was bottled only 17 days ago and was pleasantly surprised ... :thumb:

... so made a right pig of myself by trying a Mild Ale that tasted okay; but should still have been carbonating in the fridge! :whistle:

I keep vowing that I will stick to the 2+2+2 regime but then I get tempted! :doh:

C'est la vie! :thumb: :thumb:

Cracked open a bottle of my Mikkeller Monk's Brew clone. It's had 2 weeks in the bottle. Tasting notes: banana!!!!!! Carbed nicely, but no head retention. Probs give it a couple more weeks in the bottle to balance itself out, but otherwise good! :)

EDIT: HAVING NOT HAD THE ORIGINAL I'VE NO IDEA WHAT I'M MEANT[/M] TO BE TASTING...

Opened first bottle of my rye IPA tonight. It was a gusher! Weird because it was a PET bottle and didn't feel unusually solid. Must be just I overdid the priming sugar as it isn't infected. Tasted good, definite spicy notes from the rye and the hops I chose balanced interestingly with the almost creamy texture of vienna malt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a stout of I brewed a while ago.Divide between 2 fermenters and hopped 1 and not the other.Now both are great but the hopped one is a hop bomb in the picture
ef7115b49689db87d31cb3d6206f3ef9.jpg

Please forgive the glass....👍

Sent from my ALE-L21

Having to buy ridiculously expensive beer as none of my own ready. Waiting on my Jaipur clone. Drinking brewdog punk IPA,dead pony club and 1 Sierra Nevada pale ale which is the best tonight

Have a few of the AIPA I thought I had made aright mess of.

Somehow lost/misplaced the priming bag of sugar and then way over primed it...... anyway after pouring into a jug and decanting it's not to bad after the half pint of foam!!!:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back