What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheap beer from the Lidl. Tastes heavenly. ABV 10.5% with a Belgian candy sugar aftertaste. I could get drunk on this, and still drink on...

you will! - they have that back in stock? - piraate is my fav out of that 6 pack - the borenem beers are meh - imo

an ale cid and a delerium christmas for me. :whistle:

and before you say it's not christmas i'm celebrating early till the end of the year because my shift is 4 days 7pm-7am with the last shift finishing on boxing day morning!

Just finished a homebrew meetup with a fantastic bunch of people and some excellent brews though finishing up the night with my first Elvis juice on draught at 6.5% and subtle but nice.....

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Drinking Grolsch every evening cause I need the fliptops. I thought the ones I had would fit on my new bottles but they don't. So I've got a proper reason to drink :) yet not something good :-(
It's okay-ish but I'm more of an ale guy.

Drinking an English Pale Ale, except that it is made from familiar ingredients, but substituting MJ 31 for US 05 and Saaz for the Goldings.

Does this make it Belgian?

Either way, it was bottled on the 21st of May, is dark in colour and really quite neutral in taste. Almost as if the Belgian yeast taste just fades in time.

I can post up the recipe if there is any interest. :lol:

Celebrated finishing work with a Boon Gueze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coopers Dark Ale(Mosiac), Better Brew Export Lager (Fuggles), numerous bottles of Abbot and contemplating a Coopers Coffee and chocolate Stout.

Just had one of my blushing blonde ales that didn't blush:nono::lol:,very nice if i do say so myself.
Been in Devon and have been drinking 'Gun Dog' from a Teignmouth brewery and very nice it was:thumb:

Drinking an English Pale Ale, except that it is made from familiar ingredients, but substituting MJ 31 for US 05 and Saaz for the Goldings.

Does this make it Belgian?

Either way, it was bottled on the 21st of May, is dark in colour and really quite neutral in taste. Almost as if the Belgian yeast taste just fades in time.

I can post up the recipe if there is any interest. :lol:

it's only belgian if a shed load of candi sugar is involved :lol:

In my eyes anyway. :whistle:

My mate I give a bottle to brought this back from Cardiff. It's 4.1%, very dark, holds a good head, very nice lacing on the glass and the chocolate malt really comes through and sits really nicely with the deep malt flavour. It's very much a malt and chocolate malt taste rather than being a hop bomb, a really nice winter ale, all I need is a fire to sit beside whilst I'm supping it.

image.jpg

just cracked open my "Proper Job" clone. swapped out the willamette for Fuggles and very nice it is too. Cant remember where I got the recipe from, maybe it was on here.

Having a goose island wheat and IPA. Either I am not getting it or the IPA is a bit bland.

My very last bottle of Woodfordes Wherry which was my very first brew! Must be nearly 18 months old, I brewed it to 6.8% because, alcohol.
Goodbye homebrew twang, it's been emotional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back