What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm supping one of the remaining seven or so bottles of Coopers Lager.

Started on 23rd August 2016 with addition of 950g Golden Syrup and 50g of Fuggles hop pellets.

Youngs Lager Yeast pitched at 23 degrees and fermented at 21 degrees.

Racked to second FV on 1st September 2016 then lagered at 10 degrees and bottled on the 8th November. ABV at 4.2%.

It's a beautiful tasting pint that has restored my faith that Lager can actually taste nice if it's brewed and conditioned properly. :thumb:

Shame I only have a few bottles left ... :doh:

... but plan to do something similar when we next go away for a few weeks! :thumb:

Pumpkin ale,stout,admirals reserve. ..

Unfortunately, my Pumpkin & Cerveza kind of evaporated really quickly over the festive season ... :whistle:

... so I'm looking forward to Halloween and the 10p pumpkin sale shortly thereafter! :thumb: :thumb:

Next time I will add double the All Spice because you almost had to "know it was there" to taste it ... :doh:

... but the aroma was delicious! :thumb: :thumb:

Perfect winters eve...

d05d8623aa49d12fb972e38622ee4143.jpg

a8c749c6fab92409a876bb08f59bd8bc.jpg

c67ff69a20c40351609e8ef0e58a96e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tomorrow won't be pretty but tonight is turning out better than expected!

97ade2a4624b769ab6380007ebb90099.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bad moon was boring. Could just have well have been one of those mass produces lagers.
Drinking the cbc now. Freakin amazing!

These are all from south africa.

Funny thing is, i was at the store looking for hobgoblin, and they were out of stock. Decided to pick these then.

Went into the brewery to open a keg of bohemian Pilsner I brewed at the beginning of the summer and opened a stout instead. Not sure why I fancied a Pilsner in this weather. Stout is going down lovely but needs to warm up a little.

I just made a chicken in Guinness pie which is in the oven - see the thread on Guinness if you dont know why - and had a bit left over so had that which confirmed pie is a good use for it. i'm now having a home brew Muntons Old Conkerwood Black Ale which I dry hopped with Fuggles (in the picture). The strong hop flavour in this is a little too much for my taste to be fair, but still a reasonable pint, a couple more weeks conditioning should help. For later I have a few shop bought ones, Ghost ship, Bengal Lancer, both Fullers and a sainsburys Westmoreland ale.

20170113_192726.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back