What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AG2, Wilko Newkie Brown, John Bull IPA and maybe over the road later for a couple of bottles of Abbot just to say hello.

I've started mixing the last few pints of my boddingtons with the hbc English pale. They were both in barrels so need finishing before the shed warms up too much.

I wouldn't normally mix beers but the hbc pale was too strong for my tastes (6%+) so I've hardly touched it. To use it up I'm having half hbc/half boddies (which is nearly finished) and the blend makes for a nice 5% ish pale.

Dortmunder Export pseudo lager/clean ale. I'm drinking this as a clean ale at the moment while 5L lagers in the fridge in a mini keg. I'm really enjoying it, it's got a really malty (despite have a higher attenuation that the recipe stated cuz I used notty yeast) slightly grainy flavour too it. Which I guess is from the munich malt in it. This is the first lager i've made, I haven't even tried a commercial version of this style either

Tonight is a blend of two partial mash brews. One is a Belgian Blonde and the other a Summer Ale with Challenger and Cascade.

They go very well together, I must say. Better than either on their own.

Drinking a bottle of my Brewferm Grand Cru that i bottled in November. The harshness has gone now and it is maturing nicely, the malty flavour is coming through beautifully.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm not celebrating what I'm drinking, I'm celebrating the fact that I'm still drinking. I should at this point say "hic" and bubbles should come out of my mouth.

tesco's finest 9.2% ipa
then a galaxy hop 3
and an ahem.. night hawk ... only 5 left for xmas now. :nono:
tastes exactly the same as the last one I had in December.

now onto baileys :whistle:

Been drinking AG1 in my new "homebrew" glass courtesy of the wife for our wedding anniversary. :lol::thumb::drunk:

EJzLAAm.jpg

Old Thumper (which i haven't tried before) Punk IPA and Doombar having enjoyed them last weekend.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Last night I had a bottle of Founder's Centennial IPA. I really didn't enjoy it at all. Now maybe it was because I'm full of cold or some other such irritating illness, but it really wasn't for me.

The aroma was incredible, really good and made me really look forward to it. When I tasted it though... Nope. Not sure if it was too bitter (65 ibu) or if it was just too strong for me (7.2% abv). Either way, I was gutted as I was really looking forward to it.

beer_3168.jpg

Drinking an AG bitter. Meet "Vera" it's my very favourite bitter. :grin:

Too cold when poured so not much head on it but the taste is great once I left it to get a bit warmer.

image.jpeg

063e12766d434846f2bcfb70bfe5b404.jpg

Last bottle of my saison from last June...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Drinking an AG bitter. Meet "Vera" it's my very favourite bitter. :grin:

Too cold when poured so not much head on it but the taste is great once I left it to get a bit warmer.
Sexy glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back