What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to try a Fulstows Marsh Mild tonight.

Started only 31 days ago, truncated carbonation (only 8 days 'cos I needed the Brew Fridge for an IPA) and conditioning for only 11 days I knew it was way too early ... :nono:

... it was also straight out of the garage and much too cold for my taste at +/-4 degrees. :nono:

However, although it wasn't the perfect pint and it was more than a bit rough round the edges, it still has all the hallmarks of being a great pint by the time it matures.

I'll give it another couple of weeks to condition that bit more and then bring a few bottles into the house to warm up, before trying another one. :thumb:

PS

I think the bubbles stuck to the side of the glass are there because I dried it with a less than perfectly clean tea-towel. Mea culpa! :whistle:

Absolutely disgusting, 2,2 and 2!!!!!! 😁

I have had a can of Canonball by Magic Rock tonight - wow, this is an amazing hoppy, american style IPA. I have had a bottle of my Citra and Cascade pale afterwards (which i previously thought was a) pretty good and b) pretty hoppy) and i now realise i have a lot of work to do to get anywhere near this level!

Opened a box of beer from my brother, had a golden hen followed by a -/80 scotch. Now on homebrew, found a year old stout.

After judging the wheat beer competition, me and the other two judges shared a bottle of Founders KBS and it was absolutely incredible, one of the best beers I've ever tasted.

only a downtown dubble.

Mrs asked me to finish off a bottle of prosecco 'cos it was too much for her and our daughter to finish off. :smile: I declined - mrs. doj thinks I can't be feeling well but the truth is i'm saving my units for a session at 'spoons tomorrow. I'll still be under 20 units for the week :eek: and the last time I did that was in 2007!

Must say I was not overly impressed with my selection of Ale's last night.The Foxes Rock Red Ale and the Irish Pale Ale both had aftertastes of excess malt and giving a not so clean finish in the mouth resulting in not wanting to finish the glass but I did.
Now their IPA had a subtle Hoppy note and was quite morish with a light crisp finish on the mouth and would purchase again.
Last was the Guinness Rye Pale Ale,now when I first smelt this I was taken aback due to the similarities of my Rowan Berry beer I brewed last year.The taste is similar but not as intense although quite tart but doesn't let the tartness linger.A quirky drink which I shall not purchase again but glad to have sampled.I suppose 1 out of 4 ain't good....🍺

Sent from my ALE-L21

You're not hanging about with that....might draw a sample off my pumpkin keg as I'll need it empty for a John Bull ipa I'm going to play with....

Cheers

Clint

Trying to abstain Monday - Friday .....

Stupid idea from SWMBO to get fit healthy and lose weight ! Oh and apparently something to do with giving our livers a rest !

So currently drinking an Apple Tango !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to abstain Monday - Friday .....

Stupid idea from SWMBO to get fit healthy and lose weight ! Oh and apparently something to do with giving our livers a rest !

So currently drinking an Apple Tango !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If ever I think I will need to drink my own urine I will practice by drinking Apple Tango! :whistle: :whistle:

Reactions: Tau
Drinking my brucy bonus I brewed for Christmas and it's amazing what a few weeks can do.I previously had no head up to a week ago but opened one tonight and the head is so smooth and the cardamom has mellowed slightly but now getting a slight hint of orange and raisin along with the cinnamon.This was brewed from the second runnings of our ruination interpretation and I'll definitely brew this again and probably alot sooner than Christmas.
Also had a Cooper's Irish stout from my mate which is slightly hopped with a caramel and fruity note.Divine.🍺

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Last Night I had a Rochefort 10, and a Achel wit bier.
Tonight going to take it slower. Do not want to dig too deep into my special reserve. Might just have one of my pineapple wines.

9fcc167c32221e97199724b936f80829.jpg

I've got a bottle of this to drink tonight as part of an xmas present [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

looks like radioactive weed killer in that orange lightening stripe bottle, is that a warning sign on the front. .:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back