What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More 11 month old Lager with a slice of lemon and 18month old Mead. Was very disappointed with the Lager 3 months ago now it tastes really good. Crisp and clean, i could cane loads of these but alas only a few left. The mead had 2kg of Aldi honey in it and its finished sweet but its very moorish. Definitely improves with age, worth getting a corker and bottles for.

TC i made up with 4ls aldi apple juice, jar of honey and a yeast pack of the top of a tin of wilko stout kit. Its been in bottle 9 days primed with a teaspoon of sugar, absolutely no carbination what so ever. But I think its the best tasting TC i have ever made it tastes loverly.

bb4d218eac34c5964f2c113891dc95f7.jpg

b9cd414405c069ae7fed41fd7b822a5e.jpg

Oh and saw this odd light above the hotel!

70a731f91a73f7d28b2638d13389fe89.jpg

Homebrew, a black ale.

For a home brew forum there are a lot of commercial beers being drunk and not much home brew.

Homebrew, a black ale.

For a home brew forum there are a lot of commercial beers being drunk and not much home brew.
Sadly my stocks are conditioning. That and I'm not home. Next weekend I'll be back on the Homebrew (hopefully without a dip in stocks going forward!)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

well tonight Matthew I'm drinking a homebrew London pride abv 4.5%. which I have just open the barrel tap as I type this yum yum

So even in Finland I managed to drink Himebrew! Kotikalja (not sure what it is) is dark and flavoursome. A bit sweet though.

805ebf1b8bdbb0ac984ffc2d1af535e6.jpg

A quick Google search explains Kotikalja to be a weak home made table ale.

Im going to see if I can make a good dent into these tonight. Curtesy of the Beer52 craft beer club.

If anyone's interested I can recommend them and they get the first box (same as mine) for £18 (£12 off) plus free delivery.

And you can cancel straight after if you like [emoji106]

57242dfaa519b4344e7c0cc18d2fbc16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dry Stout AG with perhaps a top up with a Dry Cider from ASDA - the cheap one!

Guiness and cider always was a fave from long ago.

After last night's disappointment with my first experience of Goose 312 (the only American Wheat I've ever had, apart from one in vegas 6 years ago, is my own so wanted to try a commercial example - bland) and Jaipur IPA (heard good things, disappointed) I'm back on the home brew. Got 6 bottles out to spread over tonight and tomorrow - 2 Belgian Pale, a Santa Paws clone and 3 steam beer cum pseudo lager.

Mangrove Jacks craft IPA, made with kilo of BKE, 500gms dextrose a us05 and 50grams dry hop for 6 days of cascade pellets. Only been in bottle for a week is tasting promising needs some conditioning but not bad.

gower black diamond - meh! - won't be having another one.

downdown dubble & a king kong.

you always get an early end to the evening with a kong :lol:

I enjoyed black diamond in tap.

I have a Lidl Biere de garde chilling in the fridge, that's it for tonight, ft a beer festival tomorrow night

Think I'll crack open one of my Raspberry Wheats. Been in the bottles 4 weeks now so my self restraint has expired.

Completely without home brew! Had a couple of Hatherwood's craft beers (available in Lidl). They're OK but as with most things in life, there's an element of getting what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back