What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP is almost desperately easy to clone. 90% pale malt and 10% for colour and residual sweetness - say 6% Crystal and 4% Chocolate malt?
The GW recipe for 23L is 6kg of grains.

One 100g bag of almost any English hops, or combination thereof, and that's it.

A cream ale and maybe a stout....work tomorrow and the sitting outside malarkey won’t be lasting long as there’s an infestation of mozzies!

Is that wherry as good as the kit?
I preferred the kit to be honest. The cask ale was paler and less flavoursome. I was about 8 beers in (mainly Flensburger) by the time I had the Wherry though so I may have just had poor tastebuds.

IMG_4880.JPG
Tempest Marmalade on Rye IIPA
Very tasty - might try copying this as they give most of the recipe on the bottle :)

A yeastie boys digital ipa, jackhammer (part of the 3 for 5.25 at Tesco) someone had cleaned out the mr. presidents.... GRRR! still a good selection can still be had for £5.25!

and a couple of my own of course!

A pint of my own Fuggle Duck. Four weeks in the keg and it's now as clear as a bought one!

6SAG1NW.jpg

Attachments

• 20180519_203542.jpg
    20180519_203542.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
As it's my birthday, I dug one out of my 'special beers' collection - a Founders DKML.
Disappointed - too boozy and slightly medicinal aftertaste. Should have gone for a Chimay Bleu or that Harvey's RIS I've been saving. Maybe there's still time...

Tonights tipple: Harvey's Kiss "light in colour and texture with gentle bitterness" according to the blurb on the bottle.
- even poured it into a Harvey's glass - should satisfy the glass police..!

Attachments

• 1527097672276-187497226.jpg
    1527097672276-187497226.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 46
Last night I had one of my Mt Beer Craft Northwest Pale Ales. It has been in the bottle now for 6 weeks (after 2 in the fv). It is turning into a nice dtink. I have one every weeks and think i menyiond in here, last week. Nice head on it, but a little darker than the picture on the tin, but not bad now.

I've had a cream ale and my "Yankee pale"...which is very good! A stout to finish....again very nice. I'm quite pleased at the beers I've been making since going ag. ...I feel a brew day coming on...Saturday sounds right. ..American Ipa probably..roughly based on founders all day ipa with zythos hops subbed with falconers flight. Plus a stock check to rebrew my Yankee pale.

Currently on the wrong side of the pond. Say what you like about the "craft beer" movement but the range of beers on offer is amazing. Yesterday it was some lovely fresh pale ales and a bock, tonight it's hefeweizen on tap. So easy to get a good beer out here.

I've had a couple of my own beers and now a bottle of Wild Bill's IPA from Aldi. I quite enjoyed this the last time I had one, but now I'm getting a dank aroma every time I take a sip. Don't think I'll bother again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back