What do you put your boiler on?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serum

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm in the process of building a boiler from a stock pot and a few kettle elements.

When it's working, is there any particular sort of surface that's good to rest it on? I'll probably be working in the kithen so I'd like something to put on the work surface to avoid damage.

What do you suggest?

on top of my cooker with a marble off cut on top of the cooker
you can see it at the end of the clip just

[youtube:1c6lzc20]Ih3UTTf6f60[/youtube:1c6lzc20]

The stove (switched off ofcourse)?

I use gas and put the pot on a burner on the floor. I need to build a stand for it though.

Wheels :D

EffinNanoBrewery.jpg

Like Aleman...without the wheels tho.
Purpose made metal " fish tank " frame/ bench in the garage. Worth its weight in gold.

my plastic boiler sits on an old offcut of chipboard, on top of the worksurface in the utility room.

First time I used it, I sat it directly on the worksurface and the mark is still there :oops:

BigYin said:
ventilation??? the element is in the wort, boiling it - what do you want ventilation for?? :wha:
My element isn't in the wort, it's underneath. Some people report that their Buffalo boilers cut out during the boil. Others, like me, have no trouble. One suggestion was that adequate ventilation underneath prevents the element overheating. I don't know if this is the reason or not.

Latest posts

Back