What you reading?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dieseljockey

Regular.
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been done... :)

What are you guys & gals reading at the moment?

I've just started "Unseen Academicals." by Sir Terry Pratchett.

Trilobite! Eyewitness to Evolution - Richard Fortey
The Evolutionary Void - Peter F. Hamilton

Note: Absolutely no connection between the two other than one word in the titles.

Dieseljockey said:

DJ I'm ahead of you I've just finished "I Shall Wear Midnight" :D

I drift in and out of Brew Your Own British Real Ale. Just to keep the principals of brewing fresh in my mind

Mostly I'm reading letters from my conveyancer telling me why my buyer Isn't able to exchange contracts at this time :evil: and letters from my sellers solicitors asking when will I be able to exchange contracts on my purchase :whistle: .

gsidford said:
The Evolutionary Void - Peter F. Hamilton
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Didn't have it in My Waterstones today :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Nothing at the moment. Just finnished "In Dubious Battle" By John Steinbeck a great read if your into stuff like that :)

Slipless in Settle by Harry Pearson.Reminds me of my distant youth (5 years ago ;) )

I'm reading the Ranger's Apprentice series by Jon Flanagan to my son. And for my enjoyment The Kingmaker kingbreaker series by Karen Miller

Anyone got a kindle? With out of copyright classics going for next to nothing (i.e. complete works of Shakespeare for less than a quid, Dickens etc) it almost seems like a good deal. I saw a bloke on a plane recently with one and the screen looked really good, not very reflective so a fairly matt finish like some lcd tvs. Sorely tempted.

Anyway I've got love in the time of cholera, the manual of freediving and Stewart Lee - how i escaped my certain fate by my bedside at the moment.

Not read a fiction book for many many many years, unless you count hops and glory last year :D

Yeast by white
dipping in and out of
GW Brew your own beers
dave lines bug book of brewing

I spend most of my time listening to podcast stuff in the car, no time for reading when in a car up to 3 hrs a day commuting, spose i should download some audio books, but i prefer educational books and fact rather than filling my head full of lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal fictional stuff

UP

snail59 said:
Dieseljockey said:

DJ I'm ahead of you I've just finished "I Shall Wear Midnight" :D

I drift in and out of Brew Your Own British Real Ale. Just to keep the principals of brewing fresh in my mind

Mostly I'm reading letters from my conveyancer telling me why my buyer Isn't able to exchange contracts at this time :evil: and letters from my sellers solicitors asking when will I be able to exchange contracts on my purchase :whistle: .

Only just found out about "I Shall Wear Midnight" from the Pratchett site...I must admit I don't own a brew book.. :wha:
I'm inclined to use the net.

I think we've all been in the never ending cycle with house buying/selling.

I'm thinking I'll be checking out Pratchet when I finish my book. A couple people have mentioned the discworld series lately. Sounds like something to rear while waiting on the next Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson novel.
I own one brew book. The Homebrewers Bible by stephen Snider. Not sure how it stacks against others but it had alot of info I didn't know and has helped me along.

Darkbrew I'm a BIG fan of Pratchett's work and would recommend them to anyone with an off the wall sense of humour. BUT you need to start from the beginning to make full sense of them as the characters evolve and develop through time. Some appear on a regular basis and have a history that follows them through the books. The Colour of Magic (1983) is the first book in the discworld series. There are 38 in total. A 39th has been announced and I await it's release.

Just read Lady Chatterleys lover.. oo er missus..Now reading Harms way, can't think of authors name.. :wha:

Awesome for the insight Snail. Colour of magic it is. Is there a timeline in the covers that let you know what to read next?

snail59 said:
Darkbrewer said:
Awesome for the insight Snail. Colour of magic it is. Is there a timeline in the covers that let you know what to read next?

Yes there is. :thumb:

Well done..Snail..another convert :clap: :clap:
I would say to anyone if you want a laugh a minute read a Discworld novel....the "one-liners" are brill.
Who's your favorite character??...I think mine is.. Esmerelda Weatherwax, (aka "Granny") . :lol: :lol:

Back