Wheat beer kit advice - first time brewer!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamMurphy1410

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post here, I recently purchased a home brewing kit from Northern Brewer in the UK, it was discounted on
beer hawk.com as the recipe kit included with it is unfortunately out of date, I’m just wondering if anyone can recommend a wheat beer kit from any online shop in the UK, thanks a lot :)

I've just brewed a Cooper's wheatbeer which is probably ready to start drinking now it's been conditioning for about 3 weeks. It was my first wheatbeer so I have tried a couple of sample bottles and it's not too bad after just a week or so conditioning.

Most of Cooper's kits are always relatively well regarded by most people but I'm sure others may have some other tips for you.

I've just brewed a Cooper's wheatbeer which is probably ready to start drinking now it's been conditioning for about 3 weeks. It was my first wheatbeer so I have tried a couple of sample bottles and it's not too bad after just a week or so conditioning.

Most of Cooper's kits are always relatively well regarded by most people but I'm sure others may have some other tips for you.
Thanks for the advice, I’ll take a look at Coopers :)

I tried to order one of those last month and they told me it was discontinued! 🤔

No, it was showing out of stock so I asked if they were getting anymore in and they said they were stopping the homebrew section of their website. I haven't been back there so no idea if that's true or not. Got my kit from brew2bottle instead, hoping to start my first kit tonight 👍

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, I recently purchased a home brewing kit from Northern Brewer in the UK, it was discounted on
beer hawk.com as the recipe kit included with it is unfortunately out of date, I’m just wondering if anyone can recommend a wheat beer kit from any online shop in the UK, thanks a lot :)

Festival German Weiss if you can get hold of one.

I have it on draught at the moment and to me it's indistinguishable from a commercial wheat beer. Possibly one of the best kits I've ever made.

Festival German Weiss if you can get hold of one.

I have it on draught at the moment and to me it's indistinguishable from a commercial wheat beer. Possibly one of the best kits I've ever made.

Very good, I just ordered one !

Very good, I just ordered one !
Drank it all now. Was rather good. Only thing I didn't enjoy about it was carbonating it to 3.5 volumes of CO2 or whatever it was, took an eternity to pour a pint if you didn't want a glass of foam but it was in keeping with the beer style I suppose 🤣

It just arrived. I had seen some adverts out there saying it came with Additional Hops, to be added halfway through the fermentation, but there's no Additional Hops in there. Think the other Festival German Weiss is some Limited Edition or something. I was kind of looking forward to going up a level, still excited though!

I see that there's priming sugar to be added to the Second Bucket. As I don't have a Second Bucket, can i add the priming sugar at bottling time by adding e.g. 1.5 tsp to each bottle (150g-->180ml tsp so 180ml/24 litres/5ml per tsp=1.5tsp ? Or must it go in the Second Bucket. For some reason ?

My last beer was a Ritchies Pale Ale and it is just superb. Like utterly fantastic. I can't believe I made such a beautiful beer myself at home. I've given 2 bottles away, I've not heard similar reactions but maybe its an acquired taste ? Will ask them what they thought, when I see them......But am really excited for this Weiss beer........
festival-weiss.jpg

Yes, no problem adding the priming sugar on a per bottle basis. Make sure you have decent bottles as it should turn out quite well carbonated as Weiss beers should be. Can also confirm no hops. Weiss beers are more about the flavours the yeast gives off anyway so you wouldn't really want a hop addition taking away from that.

Back