wherry very wrong

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncs

Landlord.
Reaction score
What with one thing and another going on in my life, I managed to forget about a wherry that I hot during the wilkinsons sale. I gotround to bottling it last week after it had been in the primary fv for 5 weeks all during this heat wave. It didn't look too promising when I transferred it to thebottling bucket, but thought I'd better bottle it anyway, just in case. I opened a bottle yesterday, just to check and al I can say is :sick: !

Let this be a lesson to us all, never leave a brew in the fv for 5 weeks at 30 degrees :doh:

You shouldn't chuck it. It may not taste good at the moment but it may well improve over the next 6 - 10 weeks. I tried an Old Peculier clone from my first ever AG brew which I thought had got very badly at the time, this evening and its very drinkable indeed, good head retention and flavour. Keep it for a few weeks and try it again. If its still awful in 3 months time then you can contemplate chucking it.

If it was only bottled a week ago then I would say forget about it for a several weeks or so then try it again. I have had beers that I tried after a week or two and didn't like them, then went back to them a month later and they were really good.

Latest posts

Back