Which side of the bed.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which side of the bed and why? (on bed facing up)

• On the right (not because of door)

• On the left (not because of door)

• Either side we often swap.

• On the right (because of door)

• On the left (because of door)

• Wherever i want i am single.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
5 live have a daily "in my opinion" discussion and todays was "On which side of the bed do you sleep and why"

Many people phones in and the answers ranged from, we don't have a particular side we often swap to always on the right or always on the left, someone said nearest the door, it turns out we choose the side closest to the door in case someone gets into the house and we can protect our families, i do sleep nearest the door but had never given any thought as to why i decided that was the side i wanted to sleep on when we moved in maybe its something we do subconsciously.

The poll question is which side do you sleep and why.

Last edited:
What do you count 'left' as? "Left when we're lying in bed facing upwards", or "left when I'm stood at the end on the bed facing the headboard"?

In my case, I'm on the opposite side of the bed from the door as it seemed "polite" to give the door side to my girlfriend (now wife) when she first started visiting. After almost 10 years, this translates to the same side of the bed, no matter where we are. It feels wrong if we're on the opposite side of eachother now 😂

At home I am on the left which is closest to the door, she is closest to the ensuite door. In the caravan I am on the right, leaving her closer to the door and children.

At other places we swap, so I guess we don't have a set side.

I sleep on my right side, especially since breaking the arm bone as it enters the left shoulder on Boxing Day 3 years ago.
SWMBO has a bad habit of sleeping on her back and snoring like an overloaded steam train.

I sleep on the left and my wife on the right at home, in the caravan and everywhere else. I have no idea why, but that's how it has been for nearly 40 years

5 live have a daily "in my opinion" discussion and todays was "On which side of the bed do you sleep and why"

Many people phones in and the answers ranged from, we don't have a particular side we often swap to always on the right or always on the left, someone said nearest the door, it turns out we choose the side closest to the door in case someone gets into the house and we can protect our families, i do sleep nearest the door but had never given any thought as to why i decided that was the side i wanted to sleep on when we moved in maybe its something we do subconsciously.

The poll question is which side do you sleep and why.
Funny I was chatting to the wife about the side of the bed sleeping arrangements and no where we go she has to sleep nearest the door as she mostly got up with the children and now it's habitual..

I'm lying diagonally usually as my bed is a little on the short side for me an I hate getting cold feet. Furthermore I'm used to sleeping streched out either on my back or on my side.

I sleep on the right side away from the door. My wife gets up early and makes me a cup of tea to have in bed. If we go away i always sleep on the door side.

Im on the right. Nothing to do with a door though it’s just always been like that since we met. Anywhere we go it’s the same always “my” side and “her” side. I would feel wrong sleeping on the other side of the bed.

I’m right handed, so back in the days when I used to use a bed for things other than sleeping, it was a lot more convenient to have my partner to my left hand side; and I still sleep on the righthand side of the bed.

I reckon that the “I sleep near the door so that I can protect my wife.” brigade must stay awake worrying most nights! I sleep like a log and if anyone needs to wake up ‘cos we’re in danger it’s my wife; so the closer to the door she sleeps, the better it is for both of us!

Latest posts

Back