Who's brewing this weekend?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up early and got a Guinness clone on the go. But broke my hydrometer mid mash , was in drawer getting various stuff out and it falls out :(

So I'm not going to know my SG for this brew

First mash is about to be sparged. Smells ace.

Going to start the other about lunchtime and finish about tea time. That'll give me plenty time inbetween to harvest yeast, clean up, etc.

K

I'm doing a refit of my brew house today so no brewing. Maybe tomorrow if I finish the refit today.

Ive just transferred my sundew into 2nd fv for clearing in shed and started off a tom caxton's real lager in brew fridge

RobWalker said:
Wow, ruination is quite a task. quality beer. good luck with it!

I'm just brewing up a Wherry kit I got for christmas with some cascade. :thumb:

hi rob, drinking a wherry at the mo.
its good but could be a bit more tastier,
what are the cascade all about. I take it they are another hop.
how do you add it,
will it give it a bit mire taste.
thanks sam.

abeyptfc said:
I might brew on Sunday, I was looking to put on something simple and pale for my bro's stag doo/weekend away at the end of March, got a few kgs of lager malt, plenty of hops and some s04 should do the trick. I'll see if I can be arsed doing a Mash tomorrow night and report back.got the Thistle game tomorrow, another defeat so will probably be in my bed at 6pm in a bad mood and won't brew!

haha how wrong was I? 3-1 Jags get in there. beers tonight so the brewing can wait! Archibald's Rednyelarmy! :cheers:

abeyptfc said:
abeyptfc said:
I might brew on Sunday, I was looking to put on something simple and pale for my bro's stag doo/weekend away at the end of March, got a few kgs of lager malt, plenty of hops and some s04 should do the trick. I'll see if I can be arsed doing a Mash tomorrow night and report back.got the Thistle game tomorrow, another defeat so will probably be in my bed at 6pm in a bad mood and won't brew!

haha how wrong was I? 3-1 Jags get in there. beers tonight so the brewing can wait! Archibald's Rednyelarmy! :cheers:

I'm entirely the opposite. Was expecting a dark blues win. Pumped by Cowdenbeath FFS :cry:

Eduardo said:
abeyptfc said:
abeyptfc said:

I'm entirely the opposite. Was expecting a dark blues win. Pumped by Cowdenbeath FFS :cry:

aye I had Dundee on my coupon, pish result, that first division is a total lottery each week, toss of a coin as to who wins each week.hopefully we wont be there next year.

abeyptfc said:
Eduardo said:

aye I had Dundee on my coupon, pish result, that first division is a total lottery each week, toss of a coin as to who wins each week.hopefully we wont be there next year.

See you at firhill in the premier next year I'm sure pal! Hearts and paisley saints or killie to go down.

Eduardo said:
abeyptfc said:
Eduardo said:

See you at firhill in the premier next year I'm sure pal! Hearts and paisley saints or killie to go down.

aye aslong as its no the the Championship I'll be happy.St Midden are shecht, Boyd will keep Killie up and County have a wee bit of quality with Kiss in the middle,we're away to County next week, hopefully gub them.good luck this yr.

sam51 said:
RobWalker said:
Wow, ruination is quite a task. quality beer. good luck with it!

I'm just brewing up a Wherry kit I got for christmas with some cascade. :thumb:

hi rob, drinking a wherry at the mo.
its good but could be a bit more tastier,
what are the cascade all about. I take it they are another hop.
how do you add it,
will it give it a bit mire taste.
thanks sam.
Yes Cascade is a hop, a rather tasty American one.

I would imagine Rob uses it to dry hop the kit. This is adding the hops once fermentation had died down a bit. I usually add them one week into fermentation, for a week.

abeyptfc said:
aye aslong as its no the the Championship I'll be happy.St Midden are shecht, Boyd will keep Killie up and County have a wee bit of quality with Kiss in the middle,we're away to County next week, hopefully gub them.good luck this yr.

And you pal. I've all the respect in the world for folk that support the other Glasgow teams outside the ugly sisters.

Didn't get to brew this weekend. The FV had a beer in it. It got moved to where I was going to keg it on Friday night, but Saturday morning it started bubbling the airlock every 60 seconds and remained doing so through until Sunday night even though the FG had been stable for several days :( Tuesday night brewing again this time I think.

Back