Who's Put Their Christmas Decorations Up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo

Regular.
Reaction score
This Saturday I'll be in the attic getting all the boxes of decorations and outside illuminations out.

Takes ages to put up....but it's worth it :party:

we'll be early this year as my nephew arrived in April...my brother and his wife have had them up for over a week already :lol:

Be careful how and when you answer the OP's question...

Anyone with decorations up before Sunday (being Advent Sunday) is likely to be shot. Unless of course you are celebrating Diwali or some other winter lights festival :lol:

My wife likes to make a big thing of putting them up on the first Sunday of December... I like to take the opportunity to drink a couple of bottles of mulled wine through the day.

mind you, she is talking about getting me up a ladder to hand lights outside, a bad combination.

We usually get the tree on the first weekend of December.. I suggested that as Dec 1 is Sunday it's not the first full weekend in December, apparently I was mistaken on how it works... :roll:

We usually are mistaken when it comes to all things domestic :whistle:

My tribe are away all weekend so it will have to be the following weekend. :party: :party:

I'm sure I will be forced into the attic this weekend for the ceremonial unpacking of the tree and the annual argument, "why don't we get a fresh one, this year?". One of these years I will loose the argument, as our artificial tree is loosing it's needles faster than a real one now. But I keep saying, "It'll last a couple of years yet". :wha:

Our's will probably be up next weekend (hopefully the week after that really), at least it's a good excuse to drink :tongue:
evanvine said:
It'll last a couple of years yet
Of course it will, and some! :twisted:

Too right, my brother now uses my Grandma's old tree.

bobsbeer said:
I'm sure I will be forced into the attic this weekend for the ceremonial unpacking of the tree and the annual argument, "why don't we get a fresh one, this year?". One of these years I will loose the argument, as our artificial tree is loosing it's needles faster than a real one now. But I keep saying, "It'll last a couple of years yet". :wha:
LoL... same at ours.... :D

When I was younger it went up 12 days before and down 12 after...

BB

If I have my way it'll be going up on 24th Dec, but I won't so I'm sure it will be up in a couple of weeks :roll:

Latest posts

Back