Woke.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As an aside, I PAID to ask this guy to explain the conflict in Crimea some THREE years ago and he swept my question under the carpet and said " it's nothing to worry about". Ive always had doubts about the fella and anything he says
Who is he?
Is he a comedian or some right wing commentator

It was sort of. Let’s brush climate crisis under the carpet and hope technology saves us.
That is what star trek was about. advancements in technology to improve humanity , end wars over resources etc....

A critical mass of people need to accept act and behave a certain way to make an impact. Whilst doing something unilaterally can make that person feel good it isn't going to be effective. Without technology introduced in the last 120 years or so our lives and world would be much smaller so extrapolating into the future it's not unreasonable to think technology can help.

Bottom line is there are too many of us.
The line under that is the myth that economies ought to be in permanent expansion.
The one feeds the other and it's a vicious cycle.
We need to decrease, even decimate the population and we need to contract our economies radically.
By natural wastage, its to be hoped.

Global population set to turn by the end of the century.

Not how this place works anymore, you post something. You literally sign all rights of the thread over to conspiracy loons and flat earthers wink...
I take exception to your lumping flat-earthers in with conspiracy loons. The earth IS flat, its just that space and time curves around massively dense objects (the present cabinet, for example) and so the earth appears to be curved. Here's a good starting point.
https://www.esa.int/ESA_Multimedia/...ces,interaction between matter and spacetime.
(not serious by the way)

(or am I?)

Watch it's spot on,

I watched this the other week and there is so much common sense truth in it.
As they have said they should make every student watch this before entering the Uni it may change their views or may not on things towards what can really be done to change things in this world we in the UK contribute such a small percentage of the climate issue its China India etc that need to change

As i said earlier in the thread i am amazed how a group of people can watch a video and have polar opposite views on the message in it so could those taking a negative view of what he said give their views on -

Britain only produces 2% of carbon emissions if we slipped into the sea we would make no difference whatsoever to climate change.

Climate change is going to be decided in Asia and Latin America by poor people who couldn't give a **** about saving the planet you know why because they are poor.

120 million Chinese do not have enough food not just no desert malnutrition <snip> the main thing Xi Jinping has to do to stay in power is to deliver the one thing the people of china want prosperity and economic growth, where do you think climate change ranks on Xi Jinpings list of priorities.

A third of all children who live in extreme poverty in the world live in India meaning they are starving and dying of preventable disease <snip> if you gave me the choice between my son starving or dying of a presentable disease or i could hit a button meaning he would live , go to school <snip> and all i have to do is press the button every day of my sons life releasing a giant plume of CO2 into the atmosphere, there is not a parent in the world who wouldn't smash that button.

You are not going to get these people to stay poor you are not going to even get them not to want to be richer and so i put it to you there is only one thing we can do in this country to stop climate change and that is to make scientific and technological breakthroughs that will create clean energy that is also cheap and the only thing that wokeness has to offer in exchange is to brainwash bright young minds like you to believe that you are victims to believe you have no agency, to believe that what you must do to improve the world is complain, protest and throw soup on paintings <snip>

WE on this side of the house do not sit on this side because we do not wish to improve the world we sit on this side because we know the way to improve the world is to work, create, build and the problem with Woke culture is that its trained too many minds like your to forget about that.

Last edited:
As i said earlier in the thread i am amazed how a group of people can watch a video and have polar opposite views on the message in it so could those taking a negative view of what he said give their views on -

Britain only produces 2% of carbon emissions if we slipped into the sea we would make no difference whatsoever to climate change.

Climate change is going to be decided in Asia and Latin America by poor people who couldn't give a **** about saving the planet you know why because they are poor.

120 million Chinese do not have enough food not just no desert malnutrition <snip> the main thing Xi Jinping has to do to stay in power is to deliver the one thing the people of china want is to deliver prosperity and economic growth, where do you think climate change ranks on Xi Jinpings list of priorities.

A third of all children who live in extreme poverty in the world live in India meaning they are starving and dying of preventable disease <snip> if you gave me the choice between my son starving or dying of a presentable disease or i could hit a button meaning he would live , go to school <snip> and all i have to do is press this button every day of my sons life a giant plume of CO" is going to be released into the atmosphere, there is not a parent in the world who wouldn't smash that button.

You are not going to get these people to stay poor you are not going to even get them not to want to be richer and so i put it to you there is only one thing we can do in this country to stop climate change and that is to make scientific and technological breakthroughs that will create clean energy that is also cheap and the only thing that wokeness has to offer in exchange is to brainwash bright young minds like you is to believe that you are victims to believe you have no agency, to believe that what you must do to improve the world is complain, protest and throw soup on paintings <snip> WE on this side of the house do not on this side because we do not wish to improve the world we sit on this side because we know the way to improve the world is to work, create, build and the problem with Woke culture is that its trained too many minds like your to forget about that.
Tbh, leaving aside all of my interpretations of his message, it's an absolutely indisputable fact that anyone who uses the word "woke" in the pejorative is either* a total idiot, or is trying to manipulate.

*it can of course, be both, which would be the Nadine Dorries clause.

I watched this the other week and there is so much common sense truth in it.
As they have said they should make every student watch this before entering the Uni it may change their views or may not on things towards what can really be done to change things in this world we in the UK contribute such a small percentage of the climate issue its China India etc that need to change
I saw that and thought it was spot on

Tbh, leaving aside all of my interpretations of his message, it's an absolutely indisputable fact that anyone who uses the word "woke" in the pejorative is either* a total idiot, or is trying to manipulate.
He says -

WE on this side of the house do not sit on this side because we do not wish to improve the world we sit on this side because we know the way to improve the world is to work, create, build and the problem with Woke culture is that its trained too many minds like your to forget about that.

Its obviously a debate he has every right to speak in a disapproving way of woke culture.

He says -

WE on this side of the house do not on this side because we do not wish to improve the world we sit on this side because we know the way to improve the world is to work, create, build and the problem with Woke culture is that its trained too many minds like your to forget about that.

Its obviously a debate he has every right to speak in a disapproving way of woke culture.

Woke:

chiefly US slang
: aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)

Latest posts

Back