wow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be less tempted to vote for someone that didn't occasionally let their hair down, get ******, live a 'life' outside of politics and generally behave like a normal human being

In this age of media scrutiny, it would appear that to be a public figure or politician you have to become some form of Mormon virtuous workaholic that dedicates every waking second to the cause, have a personal and online history that would make mother Theresa look like a crack addict hooker.
Anything approaching a normal life would initiate Karen levels of outrage, disgust and calls for crucifixion from the gutter media.

Where does it say she regularly drinks heavily?
Nowhere, I was just setting Rod up for the point about Churchill, which is that it's performance that matters, not how much they drink.

Very true, but how long did he last after the war
So you're wanting to downplay Churchill's role in WWII whilst concentrating on the result of the 1945 election? Interesting choice.

But he won another election in 1951, so didn't do too badly. And even in 1945 he was still personally very popular, but the Tories weren't, and people kinda wanted the NHS thing and all that which Labour were offering, after 6 long years of total war they needed a change.

Good god i only posted an obscure arttical mainly for a laugh and look what happened, no wonder this country has gone to the dogs i give up
Just take it as you won Rod as you did it for banter but some took the bait:laugh8:

Probably because I have no badge to stick on me I think they are all career politicians and in it for themselves so I do take notice of what is happening but Labour is and will be as bad as the Tories just in different ways

so this is now new Labour and, the reason they won't win the next election, god help us MSN
Good god i only posted an obscure arttical mainly for a laugh and look what happened, no wonder this country has gone to the dogs i give up
Less for a laugh and more to make a political point about Labour, you're just upset because your BS has been called out.

The reason the country is going to the dogs is because people are more interested in tabloid tales about politicians than actual policy. But this kind of story in particular always seems to have a nasty element of sexism in the way the media present it - if a male politician has some beers he's just one of the lads, but god forbid that a female politician has a good time. Even if you take alcohol out of it, you saw it in the absolute kicking Sanna Marin got for daring to go to a music festival whilst PM of Finland.
1692603763326.png

I don't think anyone here is going to believe a word of that, maybe a ;) in the OP would have helped.

This sort of post exemplifies exactly why the political future of this country is on the rubbish heap.

The deeply-ingrained, post-feudal mindset of the British voter that we really need to be voting for people who are somehow superior to us, like our social betters will see us right, as they always have done since Britannia ruled the waves. Only this attitude can explain the successes of the morally bankrupt toffs (Johnson), the pseudo-intellectual toffs (Rees-Mogg) et cetera et cetera for ay and evermore amen. We have been conditioned to loathe our peers, to sneer at anyone who hasn't descended unto us from the rarified stratosphere of the landed gentry. And look at the good it's done.

There is so much to despise about Stuermer's Labour party. But this isn't it.

Like i have said many times on here, i have not voted including brexit since i was 19 that was 1972 when i relised nothing would change and, i was right in fact it has gotten worse, we now have in 2023 food banks and people who are working have to use them, now that is progress, take a long cold look in the mirror look yourself in the eye and say am i really being shafted,

i relised nothing would change and, i was right in fact it has gotten worse, we now have in 2023 food banks and people who are working have to use them, now that is progress, take a long cold look in the mirror look yourself in the eye and say am i really being shafted,
What has this to do with a member of the labour party having a few drinks on holiday, you need to get some heavy duty wheels for your goalposts they appear to be doing a lot of moving.

Thousands of teenagers have suddenly decided vaping isn’t cool!

What has this to do with a member of the labour party having a few drinks on holiday
So you agree a member of the Labour party bragging about getting ****** and raving on holiday is a good thing, while we are living in a time when thousands of hard working decent familys can't even afford a holiday, so you think it would be ok for her to potentially be prime minister, it has plenty to do with it

She'll never be prime minister Rod she is Marmite to even most labour supporters and well disliked by the other parties. She is only there as a figurehead for the left side of Labour and will slowly slip down the ranks once they are in government as she has served Starmers agenda/ purpose.

So you agree a member of the Labour party bragging about getting ****** and raving on holiday is a good thing

You keep going back to the same questions, i pointed out you are taking the word of some random article as being gospel truth even though non of the labour hating rags have jumped on it which tells me this is a non story, and its not about my opinion of what she did on holiday its all about your original post below -
so this is now new Labour and, the reason they won't win the next election, god help us
Which as i keep pointing out was ridiculous and i dont think many here are buying your "I posted it as a joke" bullocks.

we are living in a time when thousands of hard working decent familys can't even afford a holiday, so you think it would be ok for her to potentially be prime minister, it has plenty to do with it
And when the Tories were illegally partying under lockdown we were living in times when you couldn't go to a funeral to bury a family member and couldn't go to the care home to see relatives at end of life i think what she did pales into insignificance when you look at the Tories behaviour.

Last edited:
o dear, so because i have an opinion i need to take my head for a wobble, if you think for one minute i believe that head line, well you obviously do because of the insult you have thrown, if you can't converse without insults there is nothing more to say

Latest posts

Back