You’re stuck in quarantine with only one bottle of scotch

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another vote for Balvenie, if possible the 15 yo single cask, but the double wood is good too.

Doesnt come close for me but I agree if in a budget...Lagavullin never ever seems discounted and at typically around 45 quid is a bit more pricey. Would love to go Islay and see the distillery.

I've been to Ardbeg, Lagavulin, Laphroaig and Bowmore.

Was brilliant so definitely go sometime should you get the opportunity - lovely place and I was sad to only be there for a day.

Ha! I went into the whisky shop in Tomintoul and there was no one to be seen...my mate remarked on the size of that giant bottle of whisky they had stood there....I said it must be fake and proceeded to tap on it with my wedding ring ...ding,ding,ding....this brought a very nervous looking chap out the back who asked me nicely not to do "that"!
As for whisky...
Ledaig...from the (I think) Tobemoray distillery..the cellar floods on high tide sometimes,soaking the barrels in seawater...it gives a nice ozone taste...so they say! It's a nice drop though...

Laphroaig 10 definitely. Lovely whisky at reasonable price! Have been bought the Laphroaig legend before which sounds better, but is very disappointing!

FWIW Ardbeg is my favourite distillery but the nicest whisky I've tried was a Lagavulin 25 yo. Preferred it to a 36 yo sample that I had there infact.

Laphroaig QC is best bang for buck / my go to I spose.

Not a great whisky drinker and my earlier post was obviously a joke, but when I do buy a bottle, I go for Talisker or, if not, anything from Islay. Are these decent whiskies?

I’m torn between Talisker or Highland Park, but think I would go for an 18 Year old Highland Park.

Not a great whisky drinker and my earlier post was obviously a joke, but when I do buy a bottle, I go for Talisker or, if not, anything from Islay. Are these decent whiskies?
Yes, they are. I like Talisker and better still, Talisker Skye

5938A7FF-7C54-4276-AF05-EC915DB3F29A.jpeg

That’s my wife’s cider, I’m rarely that thirsty!

In the current situation, I would always defer to hand sanitizer.......but always, always neat. I am a heathen, but one with standards.

Dalwhinne, even the standard 15 year old would be fine but obviously if money no object then an older / rarer bottle.

Latest posts

Back