• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

3 Vessel brewing kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoon

Regular.
Reaction score
Based in Three Mile Cross near Reading and it's a bit big to post, so wondering if there's any interest in this kit. Happy to do a demo on it when you collect if you're new to AG. I'd rather sell the whole kit together for £150 but if there's no interest then I'll split it.

Based on a couple of 33l HDPP fermenting buckets (so won't soften or leach anything nasty into the beer during boiling) and a mix of plumbing parts and ones bought specifically from homebrew suppliers.

HLT: 2200W element and not much else. Note the wires are still bare, you'll need to fit a terminal box over the back of the element before using it to avoid electrocution! £20

Mash Tun: Stainless false bottom, stainless/brass/copper fittings, insulated with foam matting and holds temperature reasonably well, could add more insulation easily enough but I've found it controlled enough to mash high or low as required. £60

Kettle: 2x 2200W elements (one is more than enough but two get's it upto temperature quicker and acts as a spare in case one were ever to burn out mid boil). Bazooka filter fitted and angled around the side to the side to allow an effective whirlpool. Note the wires are still bare on the second element, you'll need to fit a terminal box over the back of the element before using it to avoid electrocution! £60

Chiller: The mother of all immersion chillers, this thing could chill a much bigger kettle (the coils won't completely submerge). IIRC it's about 15m of tubing! £40

Pics in this thread: https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/first-attempt-at-ag-20-03-16.61457/
A bit more insulation has been added since then but it's fundamentally the same.

I built it with the intention of upgrading it to stainless vessels at some point but it worked faultlessly in plastic and I've just bought an all-in-one BrewDevil so this is now surplus.

Not included: scales, thermometers, hydrometers, and all the other stuff you'll need to brew.

Latest posts

Back