Acquired a Pinter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Class68driver

Reaction score
Hello all, I have recently come into possession of a Pinter and whilst I have no interest in using it to brew any of their packs I was wondering if I could add 5 litres out of my bucket add some carb drops and let the beer condition for 3 or 4 weeks inside it, then when it was time I could just chill it for a couple of days and use it as a keg. I think it would be OK but I'm still a relative newbie to this so just wanted any opinions or to see if I've missed anything. Thanks 🍺

If it's anything like a mini keg you might need to under prime it compared to a bottle. That's something I've only just realised and I'm yet to dial it in.

Dont see why not. I have one but yet to try what you're planning.

Dont put it on the dock as you'll lose around 500ml of beer, that's just to collect the yeast/trub. So you'll need to leave it horizontally.

Also, it has a pressure relief valve, not sure what pressure it works to but I wouldnt bother about under priming.

Make sure you have the adjustable valve to carbinate 😉

Dont see why not. I have one but yet to try what you're planning.

Dont put it on the dock as you'll lose around 500ml of beer, that's just to collect the yeast/trub. So you'll need to leave it horizontally.

Also, it has a pressure relief valve, not sure what pressure it works to but I wouldnt bother about under priming.

Make sure you have the adjustable valve to carbinate 😉
Thanks, I'm fairly sure it'll be fine, I know not to use the Dock also, my plan is to use it as a mini keg. Be interested to see how long it keeps it carbonated for after I first release the pressure to pour a beer. Anyway its got about 5 litres of Mangrove Jack Helles Lager in so I'll report back in about a month as to how it turned out. Cheers 🍻

I'd plan to drink it over 2 consecutive nights, or better still 1 night if you friends round.

I have a spare pinter which i plan to remove the carbination dial with the possibility to connect some gas.

Latest posts

Back