Another malt supplier

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies, I'd not got as far as the shipping page. Might see if they are able to change carrier when my grain next runs out.
To be fair it still only works out at £1.35/Kg delivered for a 25kg sack - tempted to try some out.

That’s interesting. Might give them a go when this is all over. It’s only about a 20-30min drive for me.

My Mrs has a dog grooming pet supply shop..a few years ago a customer ordered a 20kg bag of sunflower seeds. When he arrived to collect it he was on a bike...he tried lifting it and remarked how heavy and cumbersome it was...and how light the normal kilo bag he normally buys is...so he didn't think it would be that heavy...eh?

These guys posted on the Scottish Brewers Facebook page. No idea if its any good or not but the price definitely is. They are sort of local to me but I've no connection.

https://www.craftymaltsters.co.uk/products2
Woohoo, Thank you so much @prog99 I have contacted them directly. Sadly it looks like the are out of stock on their 'Lucky' lager malt that is my next experiment. Want to make a cross between Innis & Gunn lager beer and Fyne Ales Lager. Both of which I just think are gorgeous,,,,, :beer1:

I've ordered a sack of Pops pale.
Does anyone know how to convert their IOB colour number into EBC?
acheers.

Looks quite handy I’m not far in the kingdom of fife clapaespecially the 12.5kg bag !

Total cost including the shipping is about the same as buying a sack from GEB on its own.
Are you sure about that? £22 plus £11 shipping is £32. 25kg of Crisp Best Ale Malt is £24.75 on GEB, with £6 shipping total is £30.75.

I’ll use them if I can collect if I’m going to be near St Andrews/Cupar at any point but I wouldn’t pay that for postage.

Are you sure about that? £22 plus £11 shipping is £32. 25kg of Crisp Best Ale Malt is £24.75 on GEB, with £6 shipping total is £30.75.

I’ll use them if I can collect if I’m going to be near St Andrews/Cupar at any point but I wouldn’t pay that for postage.

I was comparing to MO at £26.50 - its only a pound or so more.

It is alot for shipping but about the same as my local courier charges me as a low volume business customer.
All I needed to extend my brew schedule by 3 brews is some base malt, so this way I get to support a small producer, try out an interesting sounding new malt, and I'm not tempted to slip a Kg or two of hops into my basket while I'm shopping :laugh8:

I got a 25kg sack of Pops pale Malt and it’s perfectly okay, I thought the same as most of the people on here that the postage was a bit high but decided to get a sack anyway.

I guess the choice is yours, you either want some base malt to get brewing or you can wait for things to get back to normal, for me I thought what the hell, for a few extra quid I can get brewing again, looking back it was a no brainer, how much have you paid for your brewing equipment only to see it just sit there and not being used?

Happy brewing folks (or not as the case may be).

Back