Best Pilsner in the UK?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jj86

Reaction score
As the title says really, it’s the brother in laws birthday and I wondered if you had any suggestions other than Pilsner Urquell!

Carlsberg..........................................................................................................................................................................................probably.

Really keen on the 5% Grolsch although difficult to find in the shops. The 4% is still good but 5% tastes that bit better IMO

As the title says really, it’s the brother in laws birthday and I wondered if you had any suggestions other than Pilsner Urquell!
As you can see from the first 6 replies, tastes are as varied as they come. Why not ask your BIL what he likes? I guess you're not a regular lager drinker otherwise you'd know what to get him so why don't you tell him you haven't really appreciated lager yet and ask him to recommend a brand for you to try.
I used to love Urquell. I'm not at all sure it's the same brew it once was and I think I'd go for Staropramen. (Unless that's changed, too)

Tennents, Indeed. I'm surprised nobody's said "Carling" yet.
Do they still make Fosters?

Last edited:
Back