Black pudding

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to work with an Indian chap who used to have a job for a pharma company many years ago that involved going to the abattoir to collect pigs blood as they were being slaughtered as it used to be used in the formulation of insulin.

I used to work with an Indian chap who used to have a job for a pharma company many years ago that involved going to the abattoir to collect pigs blood as they were being slaughtered as it used to be used in the formulation of insulin.
Didn't know that. When I was having trouble sourcing pig's blood I thought about mincing liver up and making it. Looked online and found this. Keto-Carnivore Black Pudding

Last edited:
I did not know that. I always assumed black pudding was pigs blood.
Do they use cows blood in their white pudding?

They say that cow's blood was easier to source when they started making it. The meat content is beef as well. Unique in these regards, I think.

No blood in white, but the meat content is pork.

Last edited:
A black pudding-making day yesterday, three loaf-size in 700-gram loaf tins made a thicker consistency this time and added more spice. Next ones I will come somewhere in between with the consistency.
1703193965806.jpeg

Latest posts

Back