Bottle draining tree

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m going to have a go at bottling my first AG. I have heard it’s a pain, but I do like to open a bottle.

If anyone has opinions on which bottle drawing tree to buy, It would be appreciated. I’ll be buying it over the next few days.

Bottle Drainer for 80 Bottles - DO IT AT HOME LTD this is the one I got - does the job and breaks apart for easier storage. I was going to build one but seemed cheaper to buy than to get all the bits I'd need.

I've not bottled for a couple of years but now both kegs are full again and I'm tempted to brew more I suddenly need to get out the old bottling supplies!

I’m going to have a go at bottling my first AG. I have heard it’s a pain, but I do like to open a bottle.

If anyone has opinions on which bottle drawing tree to buy, It would be appreciated. I’ll be buying it over the next few days.
I got the washer and tree pack from love brewing, very stable and has made bottling / sanitising much quicker and easier, clean sanitized bottles onto sanitzed tree, keep a spray bottle sanitizer at hand, no nasties are going to get in.

I got the washer and tree pack from love brewing, very stable and has made bottling / sanitising much quicker and easier, clean sanitized bottles onto sanitzed tree, keep a spray bottle sanitizer at hand, no nasties are going to get in.
Yes...you gotta get the washer! Fill with starsan and your bottle caps..

That looks interesting, how does the washer work, is connected to a tap, or has it’s own sump?

Just its own sump, fill up with sanitiser, wash your bottles as normal, then on washer to sanitise and onto tree, saves so much time. lack of space at home i was going to get the rectangular ones that stack to store also they look good

I don't use Starsan, Harris no rinse Sodium Percarbonate based, good clean first though I wash out bottles as I use them so pretty clean to start with, then on the washer and let drip dry on sanitised bottle tree, no problems so far

I have one of these. Three trays holds 36 bottles. The advantage for me is the bottles get dried with nothing needing to be inside the neck . It also serves as a convenient store

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210522-144316_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210522-144316_Google.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 63
Bottle Drainer for 80 Bottles - DO IT AT HOME LTD this is the one I got - does the job and breaks apart for easier storage. I was going to build one but seemed cheaper to buy than to get all the bits I'd need.

I've not bottled for a couple of years but now both kegs are full again and I'm tempted to brew more I suddenly need to get out the old bottling supplies!

I have this one and it is works great for me. I use Coopers PET bottles at 500ml or 2L Cider Bottles, not glass.
Each Branch Set holds 10 bottles and I only ever use 3 at a time.
A 25L batch of beer might, if you are lucky, get you 48 bottles and so I prepare 2 lots of 24x500ml, one lot of 12x2L or usually 1 lot of 24 and 6x2L.

There is little routine for bottle prep - wash and rinse each bottle after pouring, add some cleaner / steriliser solution and put it away. On bottling time, shake and discard the C&S fluid, rinse it once, us a bottle brush to get some yeast off, rinse again and stick on the bottle tree.
Let the bottles drain and return to the storage crate ( B&Q laundry crates) and pour 2/3 of a bottle of star san into the first and then from one bottle to the other, returning each to the bottle tree.
Once drained a bit, put them in nice little rows again in the crate and add half a teaspoon of sugar to each one, using a ramekin with sugar in it, a teaspoon and a funnel. I use a rounded teaspoon to each 2l bottle, irrespective of style, more or less.

Process of prepping the bottles takes circa one hour and can be done the day before bottling. It's basically a "brain in neutral", radio on and JFDI sort of a task.

I have one of these. Three trays holds 36 bottles. The advantage for me is the bottles get dried with nothing needing to be inside the neck . It also serves as a convenient store

I've had both but got rid of the tree. I found the trays work very well and take up a lot less room storage wise.

I was building up to order one but then got diverted into buying a corny instead :-)
Aha!! I looked at these last year and was very interested - but couldn’t get a straight answer as to whether they would fit my bottles... please can you say what size yours are (diameter) Ta!

Latest posts

Back