Car sales.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have any EV owners renewed their insurance recently? I was in hospital yesterday and the guy opposite me was saying he paid £650 last year for a Mini EV (I thought that was pretty high anyway) but his cheapest renewal this year is £1100! He could be a spoofer but I've heard a few times now that EV insurance premiums are shooting up far higher than ICE cars.
All insurance is up. Car insurance is up over 60%

I had a bump in a car park at end of March. Other guy admitted fault and as his Insurer and mine were the same, I didn't anticipate any problem.
Car "eventually" taken away for repair 29 August and returned 5 weeks later. I was provided with a hire car for repair period at cost in excess of £1200.
The "bump" was a small dent and scrape on front wing and door. The local panel beater could have fixed it in a couple of days but I was told the whole door and wing required to be replaced.
So who is making a killing?
And who is paying the ultimate price?

I don't even bother querying my renewal, I just go onto a price comparison site and get a new policy from there. I've found I can be on the phone for ages arguing with with existing insurer otherwise.
I usually do that but this year my renewal was 50% higher than last year and everything on comparison sites were even more. The cheapest of which being my current insurer (LV) but with a higher quote than my renewal!

The last Nissan Micra was rubbish engineered for the subcontinent with quality control to match. Some shiny pieces stuck on to tempt the buyers but sold at a price higher than that... Brother in law had the gearbox replaced under warranty in less than one year. The latest one is screwed together more like the nissans of old. I caution him about the previous model micra based on my research. I bought a suzuki instead. My sisters Juke diesel was always breaking down, clogged dpf to be fair to nissan she was always doing short journeys in it. I warned her too. She had a honda jazz before that, bulletproof and boring was her opinion on it. My mazda cx-5 diesel had 75K+ on it when I sold it and it was 100% reliable I always drove it for at least 20+ mins 6+ miles. I did notice mpg gradually dropping down to around 45 mpg from a typical 60 mpg so got rid.
We have the Jazz and it is lovely car mind you it is the top spec.

We have the Jazz and it is lovely car mind you it is the top spec.
yup I shortlisted the jazz 1.5 sport vs the suzuki swift sport for the mrs. We both felt the jazz interior was more premium, she chose the wider shorter car.
The seats in the swift sport are awesome like a baby car seat for adults, uber snug and supportive. Power delivery well that's vtec vs turbo. swift is faster but jazz is fast enough.

Latest posts

Back