Covid-19 the second wave.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it seems illogical to believe a pandemic can be sorted by lockdown if the government ponies up enough cash, but not if it doesn't!
A total lockdown would eliminate Covid (i.e, if no humans came in to contact with any other humans) but as a capitalist society we need also to make money to survive. If you ask one part of your society to give this up (making a living) to help the rest you need to compensate. Once you start to compensate your friends more than your opponents (as pointed out by @Falco) they will stop cooperating.

You're missing my point and trying to turn this into a political exercise, which I don't want to be drawn into.
No offence towards you but it's a political topic your commenting on and you made a political comment so you're drawing yourself in to it.

No offence towards you but it's a political topic your commenting on and you made a political comment so you're drawing yourself in to it.
None taken, my friend, but it's a point about logic not politics - i.e. if you believe action X will halt / reduce a pandemic, then refusing to take it because you want more government funding first means you must think that the virus will stop killing people while you negotiate. That was my original point. :laugh8: :laugh8: 😁 :laugh8:.

Oh, and the political chat about this topic is in the hidden forum, I believe. 👍

The DWP must be saving billions on pensions with the amount of pensioners who have died from this virus, what about locking the young down and letting us old ones get on with our sensible lives no that is no good for the economy is it, i am beginning to suspect an agender in all this mire because i dont trust Governments of any country or political flavour, so they can all feck off and i me will carry on as normal, i suspect its all down to smoking and drinking to much thats the usual mantra, right time for another beer clapa clapa :beer1::beer1:

Errrr no, apparently he’s trying to protect the health and well-being of the people and businesses in his area by negotiating with Johnson for a similar financial aid package that’s been afforded to his Tory chums on Lancashire County Council. I don’t even live in that locality but can see what’s going on. Do keep up :coat:

An whilst the knob delays things he is putting more people at risk. Idiots.:tongue:

I have received this Covid update from my local County authority and it confirms, at least in my mind, where the virus spreading risk is centred at the present time.
'Of the people testing positive for COVID-19 in West Sussex over the seven-day period, 69% were aged under 40, and 9% were over 60'
The 40-60 age group by difference must be 22%.
It is also likely that the age demographic in West Sussex is weighted to older residents compared to the national average.

I have received this Covid update from my local County authority and it confirms, at least in my mind, where the virus spreading risk is centred at the present time.
'Of the people testing positive for COVID-19 in West Sussex over the seven-day period, 69% were aged under 40, and 9% were over 60'
It is also likely that the age demographic in West Sussex is weighted to older residents compared to the national average.
Makes sense. I guess there are more under 40s in work, education etc compared to over 60s

Worth noting that the Lancashire council got the government to increase their handout from £12m to £42m - but then they were negotiating with the same government that's failed to negotiate "the easiest deal in human history" with the EU, so it's no surprise that Burnham was holding out for more.

One thing that irrationally annoyed me about that Burnham speech was how scruffy he was. I know it's part of the game to make him look like he's the man of the people standing up to the "suits" in Westminster - but that fact just annoys me more.

The trouble with "let them just get it" is that in this second wave, there seems to be a fairly standard pattern where it spreads rapidly within the younger generation, and then 2-3 weeks later it spreads "upwards" to the elderly. In the real world it's very hard to stop the young and old mixing.

Agreed, and I don't subscribe to that forum for this very reason. It's that @Chippy_Tea posting political news everywhere. :rolleyes:

Posting everywhere. :roll:

I posted this in the OP (see quote below) and i have tried to keep the tory bashing to a minimum i never understand why members read and post in a thread then moan about its content.

There was a bit of Boris bashing last night but the labour government got their share so i will leave the posts here for now.

From the OP -
The First Coronavirus thread ended in a lot of Tory bashing and arguments and was moved to the bridge, i hope this one doesn't go the same way and am posting it here so members who don't want to see what is discussed in the bridge forum can join in.

Last edited:
I posted this in the OP and i have tried to keep the tory bashing to a minimum (the reason the bridge was opened) i never understand why members read a thread when its obvious from the title what it is about then moan about its content.
Was said tongue in cheek as another poster made a political statement but then wasn't happy when I replied with a different view and they suggested it should be made in the bridge. I was simply hinting that this topic is political by it's nature by using your post as an example.

Was said tongue in cheek

O.K.

Can i remind members old and new -

The First Coronavirus thread ended in a lot of Tory bashing and arguments and was moved to the bridge, i hope this one doesn't go the same way and am posting it here so members who don't want to see what is discussed in the bridge forum can join in.

Another no deal from Boris. Very poor judgment from him come the next elections I think. He's taken his £65 million ball home.

Latest posts

Back