Curry...!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matar Tofu. Hope I've made enough food...
20200619-192939.jpg

I highly recommend Bit Spicy for hand roasted and blended spices. Been using them for ages. You make your own base gravy then use the spices, adding meat or veg. Some unusual blends and really good indeed.

Off to the local Indian supermarket in a bit. Going to get some chicken legs to make tandoori chicken as they sell them really cheap. Also going to get some goat meat.

When I worked at sea it was a joy to dine with the Indian/Pakistani crew. Occasionally the crew would bring a live goat or sheep on board and butcher it. I think they must have used a chainsaw or a hand grenade because every mouthful had bones and bone splinters in it. But the spices had all been roasted/ground that day and the flavours were fantastic.

Indians call mutton goat so it may not be what you think it is.
The place I use do lamb and sheep meat so I think the goat will be legit. Didn’t have enough freezer space to get the 10kg of chicken legs they were selling for £9.99.

IMG_20200620_204929.jpg

Tonight is lamb tikka jalfrezi...the lamb has been pre cooked in oil,tomato,cardomom,garlic,fennel and garam massala. Then coated in shop bought tikka paste...now on BBQ. The cooking liquor from the lamb has been reduced and used to cook the sliced peppers and onions..

Veggie feast tonight. Tandoori cauliflower, crispy chilli mushrooms, quinoa pilaf. Ponce it up with sprinkles of pickled red onion, coriander, flaked almonds and mint yoghurt. Looked better in person than the picture and tasted great.

Attachments

• 5C2803DE-0375-4788-8A12-56BBC8613CE4.jpeg
    5C2803DE-0375-4788-8A12-56BBC8613CE4.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 85
IMG_20200627_204709.jpg

Lamb jalfrezi again tonight..revised cooking for the lamb...marinade in garlic,ginger,chilli puree then a spiced yoghurt and lemon juice..no pre cook...lemon and yoghurt to do that...

Is your barbecue gas or charcoal? I’d always been charcoal but switched to gas a couple of years back as the sellers of the house we moved into left one behind for us. I loved my charcoal barbecue but gas is so good for lamb, because you can control the temperature. I love whacking a butterflied shoulder on there with loads of spices and yoghurt

Latest posts

Back