Donald Trump.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling with the "I don't particularly like Trump." statements!

Personally, I don't particularly like rhubarb, but I'll eat it if you sprinkle it with sugar. On the other hand, you couldn't carry the amount of sugar that would get me to eat dog *****!

In the case of Mr. Trump I'm afraid that a good sized ship couldn't carry enough sugar to get me to swallow some of the things that he says.

I respect the position of "President of the United States" and in my lifetime the incumbents have usually been admirable people. However, Mr. Trump has demonstrated by his words and deeds that he is a truly loathsome person.

I'm struggling to see your point. Why shouldn't the media or Hollywood luvies or whoever else criticise him? Why shouldn't anyone criticise anything? If you disagree with someone or something, wouldn't you want to make your opinion known?

The media has no requirement to be completely impartial (with the exception of the BBC), if you don't think your view is being represented by the media, then perhaps you need to start your own media organisation. If it seems unfair that Trump or whoever is being unfairly criticised in the media (which they have every right to do) and not those on the other end of the political spectrum then how about you do something about it, if you feel so strongly about it?

The left doesn't have any obligation to keep quiet just because the right is perhaps not as vocal - although I would certainly disagree with that. If you disagree with the Mayor of London, then why not be vocal about it? There is no reason why he shouldn't be criticised if you disagree with him. Criticise to your heart's content.

So what is your point? There's no double standards at play here. The media is doing exactly what they're entitled to do.
I’m not saying he shouldn’t be criticised of course he should.
But if your honest he has come in for far more criticism than any other president which I think is unfair. He’s actually doing what he said he would do pre vote what’s wrong with that. They voted him in.
Bush jnr was a far worse president how many bodies did he leave behind yet he got nothing like the flak DT is getting.
Obama’s promising to bring troops out of Afghanistan/ Iraq as soon as he got in took him something like 6 years. He was going to close quantanimo how long did that take.
There all snakes in the grass just so happens DT is a cobra and he’s sticking his head out of the grass

I’m not saying he shouldn’t be criticised of course he should.
But if your honest he has come in for far more criticism than any other president which I think is unfair. He’s actually doing what he said he would do pre vote what’s wrong with that. They voted him in.
Bush jnr was a far worse president how many bodies did he leave behind yet he got nothing like the flak DT is getting.
Obama’s promising to bring troops out of Afghanistan/ Iraq as soon as he got in took him something like 6 years. He was going to close quantanimo how long did that take.
There all snakes in the grass just so happens DT is a cobra and he’s sticking his head out of the grass

Why is it unfair? That's politics and that he's doing what he's said he would in his election campaign is the reason he's come into criticism. Because people don't believe what he's been doing is right or fair.

Why should that he's implementing (to a degree) what he said he would do stop those who didn't vote for him from criticising and condemning his actions? If he said he was going to bring back slavery in his campaign and actually implemented that, why would that deserve anything less than condemnation?

Why should people not criticise his actions then? Just one single good reason why people shouldn't protest against his actions and behaviour.

If Obama or Bush Jr. didn't get as much criticism, then obviously more people agreed with both their policies and actions than they do of Trump's. That's what it comes down to.

I find it amusing that one of the protesters interviewed on the radio called him childish (among many other things) then thought it was a good idea to do this, a saying about a pot and kettle comes to mind.

Why is it unfair? That's politics and that he's doing what he's said he would in his election campaign is the reason he's come into criticism. Because people don't believe what he's been doing is right or fair.

Why should that he's implementing (to a degree) what he said he would do stop those who didn't vote for him from criticising and condemning his actions? If he said he was going to bring back slavery in his campaign and actually implemented that, why would that deserve anything less than condemnation?

Why should people not criticise his actions then? Just one single good reason why people shouldn't protest against his actions and behaviour.

If Obama or Bush Jr. didn't get as much criticism, then obviously more people agreed with both their policies and actions than they do of Trump's. That's what it comes down to.
Yes I see your point.
Taking aside what he’s actually said, apart from the build the wall policy which policies don’t you like?

Is it the person or his policies they do not like and therefore criticise, i have a feeling in most cases its the former.

Last edited:
Just to add something to this thrilling thread.

A few mentioned on here what right does he have to have his say on how the UK is run or how we handle need it. What right do we have to have a say on how he runs the country he was voted in to run?

He stated he doesn't want to make trade deals with the EU but does with the U.K and if T.May carries on we will not have a deal why is he being criticised for saying it?

I find it amusing that one of the protesters interviewed on the radio called him childish (among many other things) then thought it was a good idea to do this, a saying about a pot and kettle comes to mind.

I though it would be so high up you could see it for miles, you couldn't see that if you were one street away.
Only thing now is when another bunch want to put up the Sidiqu Make London Safe Again balloon up, he can hardly stop it :laugh8:
It's already been crowd funded for, money is there.

He stated he doesn't want to make trade deals with the EU but does with the U.K and if T.May carries on we will not have a deal why is he being criticised for saying it?

He is also recorded as saying that he could grab any woman by her "fanny" (be that her backside or her private parts) and they wouldn't protest because he is so rich; so why anyone would desire that others believe what such a person says is beyond me!

A truly loathsome person who I wouldn't trust with my dog; and Jake died over fifteen years ago

"I actually told Theresa May how to do it but she didn't agree, she didn't listen to me. She wanted to go a different route" 1. What gives Donald Trump the right to tell our Prime Minister to do anything? 2. He fails to say what it is that he would be doing differently. Not a surprise, because he wouldn't be able to say. 3. When Barack Obama commented on Brexit in 2016, some leavers were furious that he was commenting on something that was nothing to do with him. Why is okay for Trump to criticise May's plan, but it isn't okay for Obama to comment on Brexit?

"He also renewed his criticism of London Mayor Sadiq Khan over last year's terror attacks in London, saying he had done "a terrible job". Interesting that he would criticise Khan, but not other mayors of other cities which have been had terror attacks, like Andy Burnham of Greater Manchester and Anne Hidalgo of Paris. I wonder what the difference is between Khan and other mayors?

SQ was BJ's replacement - DT likes BJ

Is it the person or his policies they do not like and therefore criticise, i have a feeling in most cases its the former.

very much both

a bellsniff

a nasty bellsniff

a nasty bellsniff peddling horrible policies that are damaging lives and destabilising society

and I think he's doing it for a reason other than ego

Last edited by a moderator:
You lost me there.

Maybe you believe Mr Trump was correct when he said that a wealthy person can "... grab any woman's fanny and they won't complain if you're rich."

Personally, I don't believe Mr Trump and I don't advise anyone (including Mr Trump) to test his theory out on any female member of my family.

However, I do believe that Mr Trump thinks that he's correct and he may even act on his theory.

In view of this, I sincerely hope that one day Mr Trump will have plenty of time to explain his theory to his cell mate. :thumb:

Trump may have baggage but thats nothing new
very much both
a nasty bellsniff peddling horrible policies that are damaging lives and destabilising society
and I think he's doing it for a reason other than ego

Does it really matter what people think of him on a personal level he didn't win a popularity contest he was voted in on his policies.

He has already done more for relations between N/S Korea than any other president and it looks like he may be able to persuade KJU to give up nuclear weapons.

BBC News last month -

North Korean state media have raised the possibility that the isolated country could "establish a new relationship" with the United States.

It comes a day before North Korean leader Kim Jong-un meets US President Donald Trump for historic talks.

The comments mark a shift in tone from North Korea after decades of animosity towards the US.

Meanwhile Mr Trump has said he has a "good feeling" about Tuesday's much-anticipated summit.

Both leaders arrived for the talks - the first ever between a sitting US president and a North Korean leader - in Singapore on Sunday.

Mr Trump tweeted on Monday morning that there was "excitement in the air" ahead of the summit.

He hopes the meeting will kick-start a process that eventually sees Mr Kim give up nuclear weapons. But North Korea's perspective has always been more opaque.

Later on Monday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the US was willing to offer "unique" security guarantees to North Korea so the isolated state would know that denuclearisation was "not something that ends badly for them".

He stressed that the US objective of the complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula had not changed.

Singapore's Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan, who met Mr Trump and Mr Kim separately on Sunday evening, told the BBC that both leaders were feeling "supremely confident" ahead of their meeting.

yyyyyyyy.jpg

A lot of people think the guy is full of **** and say it at every opportunity how many of these people actually follow what is going on in American i bet not many.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
Presidents have been trying unsuccessfully for years to get Germany and other rich NATO Nations to pay more toward their protection from Russia. They pay only a fraction of their cost. The U.S. pays tens of Billions of Dollars too much to subsidize Europe, and loses Big on Trade!
2,333 replies2,923 retweets11,927 likes

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump Jul 12
....On top of it all, Germany just started paying Russia, the country they want protection from, Billions of Dollars for their Energy needs coming out of a new pipeline from Russia. Not acceptable! All NATO Nations must meet their 2% commitment, and that must ultimately go to 4%!
13,283 replies18,277 retweets77,216 likes

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago
The Stock Market hit 25,000 yesterday. Jobs are at an all time record - and that is before we fix some of the worst trade deals and conditions ever seen by any government. It is all happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back