Easy Keg 5L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a sealed keg the beer will last as long as it is under C02 same as any keg.

Using the bottom tap only will allow air in and the beer will start to deteriorate in 2 -3 days.

True but I often drink a MK over 5 days if I close the bung after pouring. Thing is a MK is about 10 pints so thats only 3 and a 1/3 pints over 3 days(especially if its a fairly low abv%). So quite an easy session over a weekend if your planning to drink the whole thing yourself

Too lazy to search this thread but totally forgot what is on or off when it comes to the co2 bulb. Is the image off or on? Don't want to empty a full bulb.

image.jpg

Too lazy to search this thread but totally forgot what is on or off when it comes to the co2 bulb. Is the image off or on? Don't want to empty a full bulb.

As a disclaimer, I am not yet using a CO2 system, but I'm pretty certain that's on.

Thanks. Worked it out before using. But I am doing something wrong with these kegs/party star tap. I have opened two kegs and the full bulb as gone within two pints. Had about 3 pints out of it tonight and no pressure left and the bulb is empty.

Getting a tad confused between mini and easy kegs, are they in fact the same thing? Ive bought an easy keg to test with, but all the conversations seem to cross over between the 2. I'm looking for some spare bungs but these have chunky postage, is there a mini keg version I can use? #confused

http://www.brewuk.co.uk/easy-keg-bung.html

Getting a tad confused between mini and easy kegs, are they in fact the same thing? Ive bought an easy keg to test with, but all the conversations seem to cross over between the 2. I'm looking for some spare bungs but these have chunky postage, is there a mini keg version I can use? #confused

http://www.brewuk.co.uk/easy-keg-bung.html

We generally use mini keg and easy keg interchangeably on the forum but an easy keg is the one with the intergral tap at the bottom and a mini keg doesn't have one and is designed to be used with something like the party star tap. The bungs should be the same though. I pretty sure you can use the easy keg bungs with a party star tap

True but I often drink a MK over 5 days if I close the bung after pouring. Thing is a MK is about 10 pints so thats only 3 and a 1/3 pints over 3 days(especially if its a fairly low abv%). So quite an easy session over a weekend if your planning to drink the whole thing yourself

I'm doing a trial this weekend as it's a warm one, I have a minikeg in the fridge which I'm re-using with a homebrewed light hoppy ale. I overprimed it in the hope that I don't have to touch the bung at all i.e. I'll have enough CO2 in there to dispense all the 10 pints. Down to about half now and there's still plenty of pressure.

I'm doing a trial this weekend as it's a warm one, I have a minikeg in the fridge which I'm re-using with a homebrewed light hoppy ale. I overprimed it in the hope that I don't have to touch the bung at all i.e. I'll have enough CO2 in there to dispense all the 10 pints. Down to about half now and there's still plenty of pressure.

Do you mean pressure so the beer comes out the MK, to help dispense, using the gravity tap alone? I't doesn't really need the C02 to help dispense the beer, as the tap is at the bottom so it just uses gravity. The C02 is there to keep the beer fresh and carbonated

I must have a leak in mine. No pressure at all. Not sure whether to try another bulb in it tonight or just use the bottom tap and drink loads tonight and tomorrow? It's 7% though

I must have a leak in mine. No pressure at all. Not sure whether to try another bulb in it tonight or just use the bottom tap and drink loads tonight and tomorrow? It's 7% though

Bearing in mind I dont have the PS tap could you somehow use the PST to just add C02 to the keg to keep the beer fresh over several days and use the bottom tap to dispense?

Bearing in mind I dont have the PS tap could you somehow use the PST to just add C02 to the keg to keep the beer fresh over several days and use the bottom tap to dispense?

But only if the keg is keeping the co2 and it's not leaking out of the Bung or bottom tap. I will try another bulb later. Got a few of them. Seeing as the beer is flat I guess there is a leak.

Sorry to get off topic but this is one heck of a long thread!!!! Hahaha
Let's see if we can get this to page 100. Should be a free party keg in it for that lad.

Thanks. Where do you guys buy the bungs from, don't fancy paying £3+ postage for a couple of quid of bungs. Nothing else needs ordering at the moment so can't bundle up.

But only if the keg is keeping the co2 and it's not leaking out of the Bung or bottom tap. I will try another bulb later. Got a few of them. Seeing as the beer is flat I guess there is a leak.

I had a leaky MK. But I kept a co2 'blanket' on the beer by squirting in the top with a tube from my sodastream. It was completely flat, but it stayed fresh while i drank it. - about a month I'd guess.

I had a leaky MK. But I kept a co2 'blanket' on the beer by squirting in the top with a tube from my sodastream. It was completely flat, but it stayed fresh while i drank it. - about a month I'd guess.

Was it the Bung or tap that was leaking? Can you pull the tap out? My keg won't last a month lol. Could you still use the party star?

What a **** I am. Went to remove the bulb and co2 shot out. It bloody wasn't in properly. Given it a squirt and it is coming out great no, although flat.

I think it was. I think the whole bulb as gone though.
Leon, don't know whether its design or error, but you have to keep tightening after the cartridge is pierced, its not like the red bulb holders and the cap where seal is formed before piercing

I too had this issue, you can feel and hear gas escaping out the vent in the holder. Grip tight and keep turning

Back