Easy Keg 5L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carbonation seems a lot smoother and foam seems tighter. Smaller bubbles etc. I love the easy kegs. Would be interested to see if there were 2-3 litre PET alternatives. Tap not necessarily required.

I've seen the growlers on Amazon but they all have pressure relieving caps.

Carbonation seems a lot smoother and foam seems tighter. Smaller bubbles etc. I love the easy kegs. Would be interested to see if there were 2-3 litre PET alternatives. Tap not necessarily required.

The Tap-a-Draft system used PET "kegs", but I think they might only do 5L too.

You can get 2L glass growlers iirc they're called palla style growlers. I have 1L which are very similar. The have swing tops.

563g Easy Keg. Why? (just being nosey)

Cheers! Just occurred to me as I was filling up my keg that an easy way to determine 5 Litres in the keg would be to do it by weight. 1 ml of Water = 1 gram. Although beer might weigh a bit more than straight water, it wouldn't be that much more.

It's no biggy of course, but just had the thought. :whistle:

Edit: Also found out in the process the max weight of my kitchen scales is 5KG!

This is without handle but with dust cap. It's the one with the tap at the bottom. Just checked an OSH one I cleaned out yesterday with just the bottom tap and some tape over the hole. That comes out at 564 gm. Weight Watchers scales which seem fairly accurate.

This is without handle but with dust cap. It's the one with the tap at the bottom. Just checked an OSH one I cleaned out yesterday with just the bottom tap and some tape over the hole. That comes out at 564 gm. Weight Watchers scales which seem fairly accurate.

Guess the handle accounts for the 27g difference then?

You can get 2L glass growlers iirc they're called palla style growlers. I have 1L which are very similar. The have swing tops.

That's exactly what I'm looking for but in PET. If I can't find what I'm looking for, I'll probably go for a few growlers.

hi chaps,

really interested in a mini keg for my next brew, is the 'easy keg' or similar type still available? I checked out the link but it appears 'brewuk' no longer sell it, unless im doing something wrong.

Cheers

Is it only me or does anyone else think think beer poured from a MK on the second or third day tastes much better than te first day (kind of like a curry that you make and re-heat the next day)? I opened a MK of bitter yesterday and had a pint. It was nice but I wasn't blown away by it or anything. I'm on my second pint of the eve from the same MK and its fanastic. It looks, tastes and (mouth) feels like a pint from a pub but pub where the landlord really knows how to keep the beer.

I dont have a party star tap and just let the beer pour from the MK's gravity tap from a few inches without tilting the pint glass. To give it a nice head that while doesnt stay for the whole pint has a nice lacing. Something that I definately dont achieve with bottles unless I have much higher carbing levels
Ive no idea, since, if you remember, mine blew up!!! DOH:doh::doh::doh:

Just collected this lot tonight, courtesy of @wfr42 (who got them in a job lot of HB stuff and sold them to me). A Couple of the kegs are a bit rusty around the opening and all are in need of a good clean, but the tap looks in very good condition, as do the bungs. Will hopefully get my citra pale into 3 of these a week on Wednesday.

image.jpg

Hope they work well for you and none of them are beyond use (I was not the previous owner for others reading the thread).

Sorry I didn't have a beer to swap :-(

Out of stock in Brew UK according to their eBay page:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251885816320

Leyland still seem to have plenty though
http://www.leyland-home-brew.co.uk/easy-kegmini-keg-783-p.asp

Can I just check those from Leyland are the same as the ones you get from the supermarkets, except they have a reusable plug? No additional equipment needed?

Also, if I wanted to reuse the Ghost Ship keg I have, would the bung be one of these http://www.leyland-home-brew.co.uk/pressure-release-bung-789-p.asp or one of the ones for 50p? I believe the cheap ones are not reuseable but are the ones I linked?

The ones from Leyland have the red centre bit and black outer which is exactly the same as an Old Speckled Hen one I got last week. The ones with a black centre bit are not easily re-usable.

What does the Ghost Ship bung look like?

Latest posts

Back