ESB conditioning in fermenter at 15°C / 59°F?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevAmos

Reaction score
I have had an ESB in a brew fridge for 8 days now and activity from the airlock has stopped, apart from the occasional plop. I'd like to remove the fermenter from the fridge so I can use the fridge for an Oatmeal Stout.

I intend to keep the ESB in the fermenter for another two weeks before bottling but the warmest place in my flat, outside of the brew fridge, is 15°C / 59°F. Is that too cold?

I have had an ESB in a brew fridge for 8 days now and activity from the airlock has stopped, apart from the occasional plop. I'd like to remove the fermenter from the fridge so I can use the fridge for an Oatmeal Stout.

I intend to keep the ESB in the fermenter for another two weeks before bottling but the warmest place in my flat, outside of the brew fridge, is 15°C / 59°F. Is that too cold?

15 degrees? Absolutely Baltic!

It'll be fine - a steady temperature is more important in general than a degree here or there, and actually 15C air temperature is pretty good for the later stages of fermentation.

The OG was 1.047. The current reading is 1.012.

I'm using a SS Brewtech Brewbucket which has a thermowell and a tap for taking samples.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm very pleased to be able to get another brew going this weekend.

Latest posts

Back