Fermzilla help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyRobbo

Reaction score
Hello guys,

So I have a bit of a dilemma, I started out not so long back and done a couple brews with fermenting in a bucket and bottling from that same bucket. I've upgraded to a fermzilla but realised its quite difficult to bottle from that vessel. I have all the pressure kit and the spunding valve but I'm thinking I should go down the keg route when using my fermzilla and just bottle when using my buckets to ferment. I can swap between the two depending on if I have bottle spare or not.

Would you agree with this approach and if so, can you recommend a descent keg or all in one keg system to buy. Ive seen one on AHB but I am green to all this as I just used to bottle.

https://www.angelhomebrew.co.uk/ful...nditioned_19l_keg/155-faucet_type-ss_intertap
Any recommendations really appreciated.

Thank you
John

You can't go wrong with corny "starter" kits from Angelhomebrew or Brewkegtap.

Would this be the best option alongside the fermzilla. I ordered the fermzilla months ago before really realising that its not to bottle with. I want to keg eventually anyway, this just means actually buying the keg earlier then I told my wife :oops::oops:. Also what is a good supplier if anyone knows one for CO2? To transfer from fermzilla to the keg?

Thanks

Would this be the best option alongside the fermzilla. I ordered the fermzilla months ago before really realising that its not to bottle with. I want to keg eventually anyway, this just means actually buying the keg earlier then I told my wife :oops::oops:. Also what is a good supplier if anyone knows one for CO2? To transfer from fermzilla to the keg?

Thanks

For CO2, it's probably best to Google local suppliers. The nationwide ones tend to be overpriced.

You can bottle from the Fermzilla, but it involves more equipment. Bite the bullet and get the corny keg setup. You'll not regret it.

For CO2, it's probably best to Google local suppliers. The nationwide ones tend to be overpriced.

You can bottle from the Fermzilla, but it involves more equipment. Bite the bullet and get the corny keg setup. You'll not regret it.

Ordering the keg setup from AHB this week. What extra equipment is involved if you don't mind out of curiosity?

If you're getting that setup from AHB that you posted, then you'll not need anything else. Obviously you'll need a fridge and CO2, but you'll already know that.

Latest posts

Back