Grain share Nottingham area (Stapleford)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a sack of MO and a sack of Golden Promise (both £30 or just over for 25kg crushed) from Murphy &Sons. I won't use that much grain over a year, so wondering if anyone local to Stapleford would be interested in splitting the sacks? 🍻🍻

Hi Chico, yes it would be pre-crushed. I was thinking of just splitting the bag, probably using bathroom scales 😂. I've a large blue barrel I'd use to store mine in. Do you have anything suitable?
I’ve stackable Wilko (RIP) plastic boxes I use to store malt in. Some loose, some in sealed bags. I reckon I’d have enough storage for 25kg if I repurpose some FV’s for sealed grain.

Bathroom scales, personally I prefer the ones that say you’re lighter than you are, my in-laws scales are great for this, mine no so great.

Exact accuracy isn’t an issue, 25kg is heavy and a lot of beer, even if it’s a bit lighter or heavier.

I’d make use of any base malt really. I usually brew pales, weiss biers, saisons or stouts. So I’d be happy to go halves with you if you want.

I’m pretty local Sherwood NG5, so arranging meeting should be reasonably easy. (If you want to go ahead).

Hi,

I'm in Sherwood too, and happily split base malt with you in the future athumb..
Also a member of Place to Brew so if anyone wanted a look around, or info on memberships etc.

Scott

I’ve stackable Wilko (RIP) plastic boxes I use to store malt in. Some loose, some in sealed bags. I reckon I’d have enough storage for 25kg if I repurpose some FV’s for sealed grain.

Bathroom scales, personally I prefer the ones that say you’re lighter than you are, my in-laws scales are great for this, mine no so great.

Exact accuracy isn’t an issue, 25kg is heavy and a lot of beer, even if it’s a bit lighter or heavier.

I’d make use of any base malt really. I usually brew pales, weiss biers, saisons or stouts. So I’d be happy to go halves with you if you want.

I’m pretty local Sherwood NG5, so arranging meeting should be reasonably easy. (If you want to go ahead).
Great. I'm hoping to get something ordered and collected next week. I'll let you know once I see the state of my brew shed over the weekend. I haven't done anything since June so it may be a mess!! 👍

Hi,

I'm in Sherwood too, and happily split base malt with you in the future athumb..
Also a member of Place to Brew so if anyone wanted a look around, or info on memberships etc.

Scott
Great stuff. I don't go through grain very fast but it's good to find a couple of local people to spit bags with. I've looked online at the Place to Brew but never visited. Have a nice little setup at home so never needed to use it. Sounds and looks great though. 👍

Latest posts

Back