Homebrew Competition February - Dark Beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zephyr259

Landlord.
Reaction score
February is here which means it's Dark Beers month. If you have any questions about whether your beer fits the category then feel free to ask here or in a PM.

If you would like to enter, send me a PM and I'll give you the delivery address. This won't be judged until the second week of March due to my current work rota. Feedback will be provided soon thereafter and the winner will be announced on this thread.

For details about what should be submitted and the rules of the competition, please look at this thread.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I would love to enter this one. I have some old fashioned double brown ale, its dark and its beer, so I think it fits in for February.

How dark does it have to be? I have a dark lager and dark Belgian, but they're more of a deep red colour than anything else.

I currently have a good track record with dark beer/stout competitions on this forum, however I'm not sure I actually have any dark beers to enter right now :S. I have an imperial chocolate stout, a regular stout and I've made a mocca oatmeal stout which is still fermenting. I'm not sure whether these beers are competition worthy though. The first batch varies depending on the bottle - some are great, others not so much and the chocolate flavour has disappeared - the second tastes a bit funny and has a slight sourness to it, the third I have no idea what it will be like.

Got one in the post for you today. Only bottled it on Tuesday so probably best to keep it somewhere warm for a week or so.

I’ve a American brown ale conditioning. If it turns out any good I’ll pop one in the post.
Most of my recent beers have been a bit below par though:sad1:

Back