How many mince pies and Christmas puddings have you eaten so far this December

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funnily enough the wife was watching a programme last night about making mince pies and the average amount eaten before christmas is 6.5 per person

I made some 'mince roll' by rolling out some pastry, flattening out some lamb mince then rolling up like a Swiss roll.

It was delicious but a bit gloopy. Next time I'll put a grid in the tray so all the juice and fat drips down.

Boximg day tends to be turkey sandwiches as uses up the stuffing, bread sauce and cranberry sauce. Then the following few days typically turkey curry, turkey risotto and of course a big pot of soup made with turkey stock.
Thank god the turkey's are smaller this year due to Covid and no large family gatherings - always a positive :coat:

I'm not a fan of Mince pies generally apart from the ones that my mother in law makes, this year due to her having severe arthritis in her wrist she said she would struggle to make them this year so I volunteered and made them yesterday for her and myself, they turned out really well and just had the OK from the mother in law saying I've got the job next year as well if I want it. I don't do Christmas pudasad.

For all you haters,
Christmas Pud wine is awesome!!!
I'll look out a recipe (won't be anytime soon though, as I'm on the mulled wine...)

Oddly I’m not a fan of Christmas Pudding by its self but I love to take left over pudding fry it in a little butter and cinnamon serve with coffee for Boxing Day breakfast.

1 X Mrs homemade mince meat pie plus 3 of her Banbury cake's washed the pie and one Banbury cake down with a 4 yr old Ritches 'Landlord Finest' I found in the garage

Latest posts

Back