Make cider less watery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archtronics

Regular.
Reaction score
Hey

Had a cider kit sitting around for a while now so figure I might as well do it but it apparently can be quite watery from the reviews anyway I can avoid this ?

Thanks

Perhaps put less water in than the kit recommends? I'm a newbie so don't take that as gospel :lol:

Just I've read in a few books now, rather than trying to add a load of sugar to make it stronger, just put less water in and keep the other ingredients the same.

One way to make it less watery is to replace some or all of the water with apple juice. You can cut down on the amount of sugar you would have had to add to the kit by the amount of sugars in the juice (as listed on the back of the carton) This will make it less watery and give more of an apple flavour.

wendy1971 said:
Might just be the way the kit tastes. Probably not alot you can do about that apart from making cider from scratch using juice etc

E J Gumby said:
One way to make it less watery is to replace some or all of the water with apple juice.

Agree with EJ Gumby on this one. I have a Young's Cider Kit on the go at the moment and have used all apple juice instead of water. If the taste prior to adding yeast is anything to go by, its going to be a cracker and temperature adjusted it will have an abv of 8.5%.

Latest posts

Back