My other hobby

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fordpopular said:
Mine should be obvious
pop.jpg

Being a taxi driver? :p

My other hobby is satellite, something boring :p

I have 2 other hobbies,

Fishing (sea, coarse fly and carp)
And the other is the allotment, all 350sqft of it.
I do like BBQ'ing but that's not really a hobby allthough i am a little fanatical about the rubs and marinades (etc) :oops: :whistle:

fordpopular said:
Mine should be obvious
pop.jpg

My elder brother caught his dong in the fly of his jeans really badly when he was a lad and the next door neighbour took him to hospital in his Ford Pop. It broke down on the way so he was writhing in agony on the back seat for quite a while :shock:

I've liked Ford Pops ever since :twisted: ;) :D
Don't think my brother has been in once since.......

Dieseljockey said:
graysalchemy said:
I don't have any other hobby :( :(

Give him a break!!! The man has children and his own business...

...if he was going to find time to squeeze in another hobby it would have to be something like haiku recital. ;)

Nice to see I'm not the only petrol head on here :D

Very nice looking Pop, but I'd take the ST1100 every time, with the right persuasion those things really boogy!

TRXnMe said:
Nice to see I'm not the only petrol head on here :D

Very nice looking Pop, but I'd take the ST1100 every time, with the right persuasion those things really boogy!

10-Rog on that TRXnMe.. :thumb: it's fast enough for me and the memsahib. Nice long leggy tourer.

calumscott said:
Dieseljockey said:
graysalchemy said:
I don't have any other hobby :( :(

Give him a break!!! The man has children and his own business...

...if he was going to find time to squeeze in another hobby it would have to be something like haiku recital. ;)

furuike ya kawazu tobikomu mizu no oto

or for you lot

old pond . . .
a frog leaps in
water’s sound

:lol: :lol:

Actually would like to do some cheese making and meat curing :hmm: :hmm:

Gray,

Meat curing doesn't have to take a lot of time.

Dry curing bacon is easy, air dried ham takes a lot of patience.

RD

This was my other hobby until I had to sell it to fund the new house. Used to have an R6, I'm sure people will disagree but I enjoyed the quad more. It's so much fun!
b0f94cc5-9acc-6e2f.jpg

Will be getting another next summer tho

My other hobby:

Bob.jpg

Drinking the fruits of my labour in our caravan

NewEnglandBay031.jpg

Who says you don't get sun in Scotland :grin: And no midgies :thumb:

simonkidder said:
This was my other hobby until I had to sell it to fund the new house. Used to have an R6, I'm sure people will disagree but I enjoyed the quad more. It's so much fun!
Will be getting another next summer tho

That's an expensive quad bike if it funded your house! :rofl:

I have lots of hobbies that I never quite manage to become expert at ...
examples include playing snooker, playing the saxophone, playing poker, making origami, scuba diving, parachuting, skiing, playing Go, Age of Empires, Civilization IV etc, etc.

calumscott said:
Very cool! And a cool thread...

So I'll pitch in with my current other hobby:

Photography
main.php

And the hobby that I'll be getting back to as soon as time/money/other commitments allow:

SCUBA
DSCF1247.JPG

(that's not me, I'm behind the lens...)

Me too!! :thumb: on both counts!!!

two of the most expensive hobbies imaginable.

There's definitely two sides to my leisure time, on one hand I do photography and SCUBA which both require thousands of pounds of the latest hi tech equipment, and on the other, homebrew wine making and keeping an allotment attempt to recoup some savings to try and balance even just a little of the other two.

calumscott said:
Derbyshire... Hmmm...

Fancy setting a "must have been back in the water by" date? If it hasn't happened by then its the slightly less salubrious surroundings of Stoney? Say, this time next year?

Sorry Calum must of missed this when you posted!

Im closer to Dosthill quarry than stoney and you reckon Stoney is Salubrious :lol:

I will certainly be in the water before this time next year. Does the volume of water matter??

Latest posts

Back