The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheers me dears

Reaction score
Hello to everyone, and admin thank you for allowing me to join this forum.
I noticed that new members are encouraged to say a bit about themselves by way of introduction.
I made a single brew kit of guiness style beer and eight pints of wine on seperate occasions over thirty years ago (both very drinkable if memory serves) which are my only experience of brewing. I now live on a boat and have decided to brew some beer I will probibly start with a two can kits then single can kits before getting more adventurous if the aforementioneds go reasonably well. I will be asking for advice, no supprise here I think, but initally will be inerested in hearing from people who have brewed while living on a boat, re keeping up or down to required temp using 12v. I have no equipment yet so will probably buy the complete barrel starter kit, new or possible used if I can find one for sale near Camridge. I look forward to many a happy interaction with you guys.

Welcome to the forum thumb

We have had members who lived on longboats here in the past and i don't remember any posting that they had huge problems, i don't know if any of the current members do.

Thanks, these are what I thaught I might use, but wanted to know what size and how long they are on for at a given ambient temp, if anyone has any knowledge.
It will depend on your volume of liquid and again the ambient temperature of where your fermenting cupboard/place will be.
Personally I would go for a larger size area wise so as to give more contact cover on the side but you can also base heat like most do as heat does rise and you could hook it too an ink bird which will control your element but shouldn't be a problem.

Latest posts

Back