The Football Thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all about 'sports-washing' and the Saudis paying/investing so everyone will ignore their record on human rights

Abu Dhabi (Man City owners), Qatar (PSG owners) are just as bad, but they’ve been accepted

I don’t think you get to be a billionaire without some people dying on the way, so I’d say there’s blood on the hands of most Premier League football clubs these days.

Abu Dhabi (Man City owners), Qatar (PSG owners) are just as bad, but they’ve been accepted

I don’t think you get to be a billionaire without some people dying on the way, so I’d say there’s blood on the hands of most Premier League football clubs these days.
In fairness the UK is the second largest arms provider to Saudi Arabia. So people surely can't be offended when they buy Newcastle
Unfortunately money talks weather you like it or not

In fairness the UK is the second largest arms provider to Saudi Arabia. So people surely can't be offended when they buy Newcastle

Hammer, nail head, hit.

I’m equally disgusted at having them as our ‘ally’ but in geo politics you’re generally better off having allies than enemies.

In any case, while I can’t do anything about the UK selling arms (aside from taking a run at being PM), I realise I most certainly don’t have to use my leisure time and money to watch PL football.

But it’s difficult to stop. I’ve been a Crystal Palace season ticket holder for 20 of the last 25 years, only taking a break for going to University and money reason. We’re currently punching above our weight as a PL team and the football is great…

I would think that most billionaires aren't murderers

I would think that most billionaires aren't murderers
Bill Gates isn’t a murderer, but he is behind a worldwide scheme to implant microchips into the entire population. That’s just as bad IMO.

Have all the backhanders to offshore accounts already been sorted for this deal?

I’m equally disgusted at having them as our ‘ally’ but in geo politics you’re generally better off having allies than enemies.

In any case, while I can’t do anything about the UK selling arms (aside from taking a run at being PM), I realise I most certainly don’t have to use my leisure time and money to watch PL football.

But it’s difficult to stop. I’ve been a Crystal Palace season ticket holder for 20 of the last 25 years, only taking a break for going to University and money reason. We’re currently punching above our weight as a PL team and the football is great…
Its past the stage of being able to be stopped. I much prefer the model used in Germany 50+1. Ticket prices are also cheaper.

Last edited:

Banging atmosphere on Sunday

Latest posts

Back