Snow.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We had a flake or two earlier but i am glad to say it hasn't settled, very high wind chill feels much lower than -1c, i bet -16.7c isn't much fun.

Has the snow ruined the beginning of your week?

Further travel disruption from snow and ice has hit the UK as the temperature plummeted to its lowest in a decade.
A temperature of -16.7C was recorded in Altnaharra in the Scottish Highlands on Tuesday morning - the lowest reading in the UK since December 2010.
More snow is on the way with warnings in place for parts of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland until Wednesday.
Hundreds of schools and some Covid vaccination centres remain shut. Police have warned people not to travel.
Biting winds from the east are contributing to the sub-zero temperatures, and forecasters say it could be even colder overnight and into Wednesday morning, particularly in the north of England and Scotland.

Heavy snow on Monday left 29cm (11in) of snow on the ground in Aboyne, Aberdeenshire, and up to 26cm (10in) in parts of the east of England.
More heavy snow is expected in Edinburgh, Dundee, Perth, Stirling and surrounding areas of Scotland, where an amber weather warning for snow is in place until 21:00 GMT on Tuesday. Up to 20cm (8in) more snow could fall on higher ground in these areas.
There have been several road accidents in Scotland as well as "significant disruption" to rail routes, including from Edinburgh to Glasgow.

Full article - UK weather: Snow disruption continues as temperatures plummet

1612900958345.png

Last edited:
A light dusting here in Oxfordshire, which honestly would in normal times probably cause chaos on the railways, luckily as I am still working from hi e the extent of my issues have being occasionally slightly slippery paths when I go for my once daily walk.

Absolutely freezing cold with wind chill here in glorious Newport but no snow. Few flakes on Monday but nothing settled.

Absolutely freezing cold with wind chill here in glorious Newport but no snow. Few flakes on Monday but nothing settled.

I forgot to add wind-chill to the OP, its very high here feels much lower than -1c.

Been lightly snowing all day, but nothing more than light covering also.
Summer weather compared to the highlands.

Had about a foot of snow here, and had to hoof it to some of my patients today.

We had a flake or two earlier but i am glad to say it hasn't settled, very high wind chill feels much lower than -1c, i bet -16.7c isn't much fun.

Has the snow ruined the beginning of your week?

Further travel disruption from snow and ice has hit the UK as the temperature plummeted to its lowest in a decade.
A temperature of -16.7C was recorded in Altnaharra in the Scottish Highlands on Tuesday morning - the lowest reading in the UK since December 2010.
More snow is on the way with warnings in place for parts of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland until Wednesday.
Hundreds of schools and some Covid vaccination centres remain shut. Police have warned people not to travel.
Biting winds from the east are contributing to the sub-zero temperatures, and forecasters say it could be even colder overnight and into Wednesday morning, particularly in the north of England and Scotland.

Heavy snow on Monday left 29cm (11in) of snow on the ground in Aboyne, Aberdeenshire, and up to 26cm (10in) in parts of the east of England.
More heavy snow is expected in Edinburgh, Dundee, Perth, Stirling and surrounding areas of Scotland, where an amber weather warning for snow is in place until 21:00 GMT on Tuesday. Up to 20cm (8in) more snow could fall on higher ground in these areas.
There have been several road accidents in Scotland as well as "significant disruption" to rail routes, including from Edinburgh to Glasgow.

Full article - UK weather: Snow disruption continues as temperatures plummet

View attachment 41201
Is that you with the snow shovel chippy?

No snow here but it's pretty cold this morning and joy of joys - no water in the cold tap. So first job of the morning is to check the half mile or so of piping and find where it's gone to.

No snow where we are now; almost never is, but if things work out the way we hope we'll be moving back east over the summer and will be dealing with it next winter.

No snow here but it's pretty cold this morning and joy of joys - no water in the cold tap. So first job of the morning is to check the half mile or so of piping and find where it's gone to.
The people have no water.
Then let them drink beer!
(Marie Antoinette)

Still no snow here despite having had constant forecasts for it. I love a bit of snow even though whenever it does we get blocked in by massive drifts across our lane which take weeks to thaw out even when the fields either side barely have a trace.

ps. found our water problem - our lovely neighbours had been working on their lane a few months ago and had managed to dig up our water pipe and just left it lying on the surface so it had frozen solid. Nice of them.

Latest posts

Back