The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest i don't see why all businesses cannot open as long as distancing can be guaranteed (face covering must also be used by all) i don't know how they are going to open restaurants, cafes and pubs and places where people gather in number.
I think you've put it most succinctly, there. Cafés and pubs are also businesses, but they exist not to feed and water us, but to let us party and rejoice. Not a good environment for self discipline, then, and therefore a very present and serious danger.

The Coastguard recorded the highest number of incidents in one day since lockdown began as people “ignored” the government’s stay-at-home message. The Coastguard said there were 97 incidents on Friday, 54% more than the average of 63 recorded for the previous month. Going into another warm, sunny bank holiday weekend, it urged people to continue observing the stay at home guidance for the sake of the NHS and first responders on the front line.

France are claiming that smokers are less likely to catch the virus because nicotine may turn off the Ace2 receptor meaning the virus cannot get hold of the cells and infect them, the doctor on 5 live said he doesnt believe this is the case and if you do not smoke your lungs are better able to function if you do get it.

The Coastguard recorded the highest number of incidents in one day since lockdown began as people “ignored” the government’s stay-at-home message. The Coastguard said there were 97 incidents on Friday, 54% more than the average of 63 recorded for the previous month. Going into another warm, sunny bank holiday weekend, it urged people to continue observing the stay at home guidance for the sake of the NHS and first responders on the front line.

aheadbutt

France are claiming that smokers are less likely to catch the virus because nicotine may turn off the Ace2 receptor meaning the virus cannot get hold of the cells and infect them, the doctor on 5 live said he doesnt believe this is the case and if you do not smoke your lungs are better able to function if you do get it.
The old smokes contain more toxins than simply nicotine, and it may well be that nicotine helps block the virus while the tar and general ***** weakens the lungs. I believe there's some research going on in France at the moment. I always said that when my time was up I'd get a pack of Old Holborn and some liquorice papers and go out with a smile on my face. Smoked from the age of 15 until about 45 and absolutely loved a fag. Just thinking about it now, after 20 years, makes me salivate. But, I had to admit at the time that it was doing me no good at all.

Smoked from the age of 15 until about 45 and absolutely loved a fag. Just thinking about it now, after 20 years, makes me salivate. But, I had to admit at the time that it was doing me no good at all.

15 to 38 for me and by the end i was on over 20 a day and much more at the weekend with a beer when you could smoke in pubs.

15 to 38 for me and by the end i was on over 20 a day and much more at the weekend with a beer when you could smoke in pubs.
15 to present day (55 ish). The one time I did give up for about 4 months, I developed psoriatic arthritis.
Doctor told me quite clearly that it was the stress of suddenly stopping smoking that caused it...

15 to present day (55 ish). The one time I did give up for about 4 months, I developed psoriatic arthritis.
Doctor told me quite clearly that it was the stress of suddenly stopping smoking that caused it...
Without being judgemental or morbid, you should have seen how stressed a friend's widow was after her husband died of chronic COPD due to a lifetime of smoking, even though the outcome was inevitable due to his slow decline over 5 years from being reasonably fit to being totally reliant on oxygen and a wheelchair and mobility scooter.

I have said this before i wish vaping had been around when i was quitting i think it would have made weaning myself off nicotine a lot easier. (i went cold turkey no patches or chewing gum for me)

DB63FD65-9E8E-44ED-B99F-2FA7B0897C6F.jpeg

The government has admitted sending about 50,000 coronavirus tests to the US last week for processing after "operational issues" in UK labs.

I think he means look out for all the idiots going to the park and beach, them pics from London are shocking, they need to install those sprinklers like at football grounds, let em all settled then turn the feckers on :laugh8:

The lock down is over as far as Londoners are concerned. In fact it's worse seeing as they're nowhere to go apart from parks and green spaces - they're all full. Cycling into work this morning was like a human obstacle course. People are ignoring the lock down but are social distancing which mean people are walking and jogging in the roads to avoid one another. I do find it fun bellowing RIDER!!! at pedestrians who are walking in the road and not look where they're going though.

This quote is fantastic....🤣
Harry Potter author JK Rowling wrote on Twitter: "Is coronavirus sneaking around in a fake moustache and glasses? If we drop our guard, will it slip us a Micky Finn? What the hell is 'stay alert' supposed to mean?"

Back