The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were saying earlier if London carries on as it is there will be no new cases in a fortnight, they also said the congestion charge Is back on and its £15 per day.

Do you think that is a coincidence?

Is just some American's or are all of them mental?

"Almost immediately after the Wisconsin Supreme Court struck down Governor Tony Evers' stay-at-home order on Wednesday, bars in the state opened their doors — and patrons did not hold back. Video from one packed bar in Platteville has gone viral online.

The video from Nick's Bar shows patrons packed together, dancing and banging on the bar top."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wisconsin-bars-packed-supreme-court-overturns-stay-at-home-ruling/

There may be trouble ahead.

They were saying earlier if London carries on as it is there will be no new cases in a fortnight, they also said the congestion charge Is back on and its £15 per day.

The R-rate in London will be rising sharply in the coming days thanks to BoJo's divergence from the "Stay at Home" message.

I cant believe there will be no new cases in a fortnight judging from what I've seen in the past fortnight

If they are managing to test more, surely the reported infection rate will go up, i.e. in statistical terms the sample size has increased?

True but shouldnit it be going down if were going to ease the lockdown. I just watched the daily briefing and we seem to edging closer to R -1 rather than going the other way. So again why are we easing off on the lockdown in England? All the other UK nations are still in lockdown

The R-rate in London will be rising sharply in the coming days thanks to BoJo's divergence from the "Stay at Home" message.

Having read the comments from MyQul on the subject of Londoners ignoring the stay at home request i feel it wouldn't have made much difference to the R figure whatever direction the government went in.

Having read the comments from MyQul on the subject of Londoners ignoring the stay at home request i feel it wouldn't have made much difference to the R figure whatever direction the government went in.

The difference between last week and this week in London is stark. UK Govt. has a responsibility to do the right thing for the whole of England regardless of attitudes and adherence to the message in London.

image.jpeg

1589571464132.png

Looks like in 2 weeks you'll need to remove one flag ;)

Edit to add - Maybe two flags see jjsh post below.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/the-coronavirus-thread.85508/post-904672
Coronavirus: Wales lockdown could be relaxed in two weeks

There could be "more things we are able to do" in two weeks' time as Wales moves slowly out of lockdown, the first minister said.

"We are already in the red zone," Mark Drakeford said, as he unveiled a plan for returning to some form of normality.

While no dates were given, he said his "traffic lights" route out of lockdown also included amber and green stages.

There have been restrictions on daily life for seven weeks.

"We've already begun to leave lockdown as it was originally imposed and I am hopeful that, provided coronavirus remains at or below the levels we currently see, there will be more things we will be able to do in the red zone at the end of the current three weeks," he said.

A further three weeks of lockdown were announced last Friday, and Mr Drakeford added: "We've got to be confident that the initial moves that we make don't inadvertently result in coronavirus being on the rise again."

The cautious route out of lockdown is "putting people's health first", he said.

"All our decisions will be based on the latest scientific advice.

"We will act carefully and cautiously, in partnership with people, in a way that is right for Wales. And we will put people's health first."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52667873

Last edited:
Two days into relaxation and the R number (how much do you hate that buzzword) is up, this thing is either going to bankrupt the country or kill many thousands more. (or both)

Coronavirus infection 'R' rate in UK creeps up

The infection rate in the UK has gone up and is close to the point where the virus starts spreading rapidly, government scientific advice says.

The so-called "R-number" is now between 0.7 and 1.0 - it needs to be kept below one in order to stay in control.

The rise in the figures is thought to be driven by the virus spreading in care homes and hospitals.

The effect of the changes to lockdown announced by the prime minister on Sunday is still unknown.

R is the number of people each infected person passes the virus on to, on average. If it is 2 then 10 infected people would pass it onto 20 others. But if is 0.5 then 10 infected people pass it onto 5 others.

The R-number had been sitting between 0.5 and 0.9. Any increase limits the ability of politicians to lift lockdown measures.

Health secretary Matt Hancock said the R-number was an "incredibly important figure" and it was important to note "we don't think that it is above one".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52677194

Last edited:
Coronavirus: Doctors' union says it's too soon to reopen schools

Doctors have backed teachers' unions by saying Covid-19 infection rates are too high for England's schools to reopen.

The British Medical Association said teachers and heads were "absolutely right" to urge caution and prioritise testing to avoid a second spike.

It comes after teachers' unions met the government's scientific and medical advisers to seek answers to their safety concerns.

The NASUWT union said no school should reopen until it could show it was safe.

England is the only UK nation to set a date for schools to start to reopen.

Education Secretary Gavin Williamson has insisted schools would only open their doors more widely when the conditions were right to do so, with the earliest date being 1 June.

'Not forcing anyone to attend'

Mr Chalke, whose schools on average have 45% of children eligible for free school meals, said: "The greatest risks for many of our children are being stuck in a council block, with no fresh air, no exercise, little or no nutritious food."

Mr Chalke said the schools would not be "forcing anyone to attend", either pupils or staff, adding safety measures would be in place.

But he stressed that the "long-term social cost" of not opening would "outweigh any short-term medical risks".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-52669441

All they have to do is ask @Bevvied

Residents of the Cumbrian town with the highest coronavirus infection rate in the UK have demanded to know whether the local docks – where Britain’s nuclear submarines are built – were a disease-spreading hotspot

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ents-demand-know-shipyard-coronavirus-hotspot

I can see it now "nuclear submarines cause coronavirus".

as for wales.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52646400
In the words of the clash, should I stay or should I go?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52677514
social distancing not needed in the above pics because as we know guns and swords will defeat covid-19 :rolleyes:

View attachment 26004

Looks like in 2 weeks you'll need to remove one flag ;)

Edit to add - Maybe two flags see jjsh post below.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/the-coronavirus-thread.85508/post-904672
Coronavirus: Wales lockdown could be relaxed in two weeks

There could be "more things we are able to do" in two weeks' time as Wales moves slowly out of lockdown, the first minister said.

"We are already in the red zone," Mark Drakeford said, as he unveiled a plan for returning to some form of normality.

While no dates were given, he said his "traffic lights" route out of lockdown also included amber and green stages.

There have been restrictions on daily life for seven weeks.

"We've already begun to leave lockdown as it was originally imposed and I am hopeful that, provided coronavirus remains at or below the levels we currently see, there will be more things we will be able to do in the red zone at the end of the current three weeks," he said.

A further three weeks of lockdown were announced last Friday, and Mr Drakeford added: "We've got to be confident that the initial moves that we make don't inadvertently result in coronavirus being on the rise again."

The cautious route out of lockdown is "putting people's health first", he said.

"All our decisions will be based on the latest scientific advice.

"We will act carefully and cautiously, in partnership with people, in a way that is right for Wales. And we will put people's health first."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52667873

I don't think it more of could, it will be relaxed. Golf courses and fishing are being relaxed next week and then I can see other measures being relaxed. We won't go full 'England' and open schools but once we relax a little bit we will be hit massively with tourism and those coming for day trips which will hit us bad. I have a good site on my phone which I should try and share here. It breaks down area and then into age etc. It is interesting watching the figures increasing daily from east to west.

I don't think it more of could, it will be relaxed. Golf courses and fishing are being relaxed next week and then I can see other measures being relaxed. We won't go full 'England' and open schools but once we relax a little bit we will be hit massively with tourism and those coming for day trips which will hit us bad. I have a good site on my phone which I should try and share here. It breaks down area and then into age etc. It is interesting watching the figures increasing daily from east to west.
You could try uploading it to Google drive or similar and sharing the link.

Ref- Barrow.

It should be obvious really that the number 1 cause of the place being the hot spot is the shipyard. Many other reasons but the shipyard is number 1.

I've worked in the yard, both as a Submariner and as a Civvie. It is 100% impossible for most to socially distance whilst working. Those few in there who can distance will eventually be in contact with those who can't. They are then going home to families.

I posted this 17th March.
"Barrow Furness hospital has now stopped visitation rights. Couple cases confirmed from BAE so that will mean x100 minimum"

Secondly, Chippy is also right, the town centre area and Barrow Island itself, are as rundown and drug/poverty stricken as you can imagine. Throw in the mix that property rentals in those areas are so cheap (often, housing benefit covers the full rent of a property) all druggy 18 yr olds and up, have a flat or a two up two down house. These properties are being used as day centres for the idiots to congregate. These idiots are the same idiots who congregate en masse outside shops. Refuse to move if people want to walk past them, they go into shops in 2's and refuse to keep a distance from others etc. I've witnessed them whilst I've been out, it's crazy.

Lastly, In fairness, I should really say that I'm not slagging Barrow off. There's a lot of people here who earn a great wage in the shipyard, a lot of other smaller industry pays well too. There is just a very big divide between the very much minority druggy and/or poverty stricken and 'normal' people. It's those in that minority and the shipyard which is the problem here.

Back