The end of the road for Fiesta.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which did you own

• First generation (1976)

• Second generation (1983)

• Third generation (1989)

• Fourth generation (1995)

• Fifth generation (2002)

• Sixth generation (2008)

• Seventh generation (2008 - 2012)

• Seventh generation facelift (2012 - 2017)

• Eigth generation (2018 - )

• Never owned a Fiesta

Results are only viewable after voting.
What a lucky sod -

Plumber Andrew Scott was both delighted and surprised to be gifted a 1980 model of his favourite car.
It came from a grateful woman whose toilet he had just fixed.
A lifelong Ford Fiesta fan, Mr Scott, 56, from Cambridge, is proud to show off the blue Fiesta 1.1L.
"I've always had a soft spot for a Fiesta," he says.
"The person whose house I was working at, I did a job for them - I repaired their toilet and she gave me the car.
"She just wanted to get rid of it."
Mr Scott's 1980 model, given to him in 2006, was built before the days of padded steering wheels and electric windows, but it does still have a working push-button radio.

The blue Fiesta 1.1L is one of four models he owns, including an XR2.
"It's just reliving a bit of my youth," he says.
And that is especially the case about his sporty XR2, bought in 2007 for £2,000 and likely now to be worth significantly more.

The first car he drove after passing his test was his mum's Fiesta, but he says: "I grew up with the excitement of thinking about having a hot hatch, especially the XR2.
"I hankered after one."

His white F-reg model is in its "totally original condition".
Although he has no intention of selling, he says: "I've seen a couple go through auction pushing £20,000 or just over - and they weren't as original as this.
"It's demand, isn't it? If someone wants one they're going to pay the money, I suppose."
He still keeps cassettes in his XR2, including music by Earth, Wind and Fire, and ABC.
There is an old copy of a Now That's What I call Music cassette as well.
"How sad am I?" he jokes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-63410377
1667160822726.png

1667160436885.png

1667160450400.png
1667160461134.png

1667160477112.png

Last edited:
My white XR2 of the same year didn't have spots that I recall but everything else was the same
I have added the picture where he is stood in front of the blue car as it looked like he had been given an XR2, that is his own car.

My first car was a 1981 Fiesta Popular 1.0 (957cc).

It was so basic that it didn't have a radio, or even a slot for one.
The window washer didn't have a motor, just a squishy rubber thing on the floor that you pumped with your left foot.
It didn't even have a parcel shelf as that was an optional extra.

It was great for learning how to fix stuff, as it was all so simple. I had the engine out to change the rings after it failed the MoT for smoking, but wouldn't fancy even attempting a cam belt change on my current Eco Boost mk7...

It was great for learning how to fix stuff, as it was all so simple. I
Those were the days when cars were so simple you could fix your own who remembers setting the points gap with feeler gauges, HT leads and distributers and using suppressors to stop radio interference, very few jobs were that hard you needed a mechanic back in those days.

Those were the days when cars were so simple you could fix your own who remembers setting the points gap with feeler gauges, HT leads and distributers and using suppressors to stop radio interference, very few jobs were that hard you needed a mechanic back in those days.
Or overfilling your oil and your dad shouting that you were going to blow up the engine

I thought this was a Home Brew Forum. What has cars got to do with brewing? Bring back the Craft brewing Association forum someone, PLEASE.

I thought this was a Home Brew Forum. What has cars got to do with brewing?

This is the Snug the forum description is below -

The Snug.
A place for all non brewing discussion.

Bring back the Craft brewing Association forum someone, PLEASE.
Wow 27 posts in 9 years here thanks for your input. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I thought this was a Home Brew Forum. What has cars got to do with brewing? Bring back the Craft brewing Association forum someone, PLEASE.
Good day. If you do not wish to see this section of the site, I can block it for you. Then it will not be seen and the forum will be totally brewing for you.

Back in the day the wife had a MK1 in bright yellow. She had me paint the grille bright yellow to match. It looked great. I swear it went 1mph faster but I hoovered it same weekend so who knows?

"The popular Ford Fiesta is set to be discontinued as early as next year as costs of parts rise and drivers opt for SUVs."

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...global-suv-sport-utility-vehicles-oil-climate
"The 330m sport utility vehicles on the roads (globally) produced emissions equivalent to the combined national emissions of the UK and Germany last year. If SUVs were a country, they would rank as the sixth most polluting in the world.

Back