The HBF members bottle swap thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about a swap meet? They'd have to be reasonably local in their catchment areas. But properly arranged, everyone turns up at the same place (friendly pub beer garden?), have a chat, swap with other people go home and enjoy. Brewers in the big cities have a distinct advantage on this one. Avoids problems with postage.

Think of it like car owners clubs, they hold meets. So why not a local home brew festival

hi mick. i'm in numptn, just off the welly rd.done about 6 biab's to date, after moving on from kits and pleasantly surprised how good they are, thou i've nothing to compare against.2 ready at the mo. a 60 min a.p.a. and a brooklyn summer ale. a royal oak i.p.a. nearly ready. all skanked from a clone brews book.a summer lightning(thanks clibit)done last week and a gales h.s.b. brewed last night.more than welcome to try and any critque/ tips welcome.still getting my head round using brew mate and biabrewer sites for calcs at the minute. thou the last 2 i,ve done , all the volumes, evaporation , gravity's have been spot on. cheers, dave

hi mick. i'm in numptn, just off the welly rd.done about 6 biab's to date, after moving on from kits and pleasantly surprised how good they are, thou i've nothing to compare against.2 ready at the mo. a 60 min a.p.a. and a brooklyn summer ale. a royal oak i.p.a. nearly ready. all skanked from a clone brews book.a summer lightning(thanks clibit)done last week and a gales h.s.b. brewed last night.more than welcome to try and any critque/ tips welcome.still getting my head round using brew mate and biabrewer sites for calcs at the minute. thou the last 2 i,ve done , all the volumes, evaporation , gravity's have been spot on. cheers, dave
Cool, we'll definitely sort something out. I'm meeting a few other relatively local folks off here for a bottle swap when I get back from holiday if that's any interest?

If anyone's near Wigan I have a treacle stout that I'm Willing to swap, its a very nice beer, but no way to travel so would need to be nearby

@ian808, @Dads_Ale, @davereal - I'm back from holiday now. Anyone got any thoughts on location/date?

@bquiggerz, @dad_of_jon - I'll pop your bottles in the post next week.

Anyone else interested in a swap? English IPA will be ready next week and I'm going to put the ESB I won on at the weekend so that'll be ready in a month or so.

Hi Mick - hope you enjoyed your holiday.

I am around most weekends in June (Sunday lunchtime is ideal but not essential). As for location I am not that bothered as am happy to travel north. I think somewhere around Brackley is sort of half way but happy to come further up.

Hi Mick - hope you enjoyed your holiday.

I am around most weekends in June (Sunday lunchtime is ideal but not essential). As for location I am not that bothered as am happy to travel north. I think somewhere around Brackley is sort of half way but happy to come further up.

Sundays are probably best for me too. Brackley sounds fine, only half an hour from me...any nice pubs around that way? :cheers:

Not been in any pubs in that area but a quick check on my CAMRA app threw up the Peyton Arms at Stoke Lyne (just off M40 at A43 junction so a little south of Brackley). The first line of the review reads ' Prepare to step back in time'.

Sunday lunch isok with me i work nights so don't like being out late I'm not fussed where we meet. Just let us know when and where and i should be there. Bet your glad to be back Mick and getting proper beer instead of that holiday ****

OK

I will propose 12:00 Sunday 14th June at the Peyton Arms, Stoke Lyne (OX27 BSD). Bring a selection of bottles to swap.

Families welcome especially if they are driving home........:D

OK

I will propose 12:00 Sunday 14th June at the Peyton Arms, Stoke Lyne (OX27 BSD). Bring a selection of bottles to swap.

Families welcome especially if they are driving home........:D

That weekend is no good for me typically. If it's a good date for everyone else I'll just post a few bottles out to you guys.

@ian808, @Dads_Ale, @davereal - I'm back from holiday now. Anyone got any thoughts on location/date?

@bquiggerz, @dad_of_jon - I'll pop your bottles in the post next week.

Anyone else interested in a swap? English IPA will be ready next week and I'm going to put the ESB I won on at the weekend so that'll be ready in a month or so.

cheers, labelling and wrapping up yours today. posting on monday. I've chosen one that best suits today's weather. :-D

I'll be there unless I'm doing a track day as not sure what Sunday I'll be off in June and if there's a day that weather looks good i will be going to it. How many bottles are we going to swap ?

Latest posts

Back